Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anotns Gotham Salmagundi.

101 posts in this topic

Posted

As I am now a member of the NYBT this will from now on be were I show any New York related BATs and creations. First one you might have seen in my BAT thread in the open discussions room:

Day render

PlaytestDay.jpg

Maxis Nite render

PlaytestMaxisNite.jpg

Darknite render

PlaytestDarkNite.jpg

Some modding and proper lotting is what still needs to be done on this one before release.

A new project I have started, are there anyone who can see what it is yet? This is very early in its stages and is little more than a volume study.

z5WIP.jpg

Posted

I'm glad you have moved your work shop here, you will be making history for NYBT yet the whole of Sim city 4. :D

I'm going to Sgt Pepper to put your name in the NYBT list. :D

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the NYBT! I can see your releases will be highly anticipated!

Great Job on corner building. IMHO it looks great.

Can't wait to see your progress on the Hotel Plaza.

EDIT: are you gonna include the Hearst Tower here as well?

Edited by Vlasky

Posted

I'm not doing much of a good job being around lately and this summer after vacation I'm hoping to change that. :)

I'm glad NYBT could have you on without relying on me for some sort of confirmation. I'm sure you know we are a pretty layed back and an easy going group. Welcome to the team! ;)

These projects are very, very promising. I think this new one...is it the Plaza Hotel? It's mesh reminds me of it and also it reminds me of the Dakota Apartments near Central Park for some reason.

I wish you good luck!

Posted

All of them look so great! I just cant wait to see more from the Plaza Hotel (isnt it?), it is very prommising, it is a really hard project, glad you took the courage to make it. Keep it up!

Posted

Wonderful work and welcome to the team.

That shop looks great, very nice textures. Can't wait for the Plaza Hotel also, looks like it's shaping up to be a STEX hit.

Posted

Ahhh Plaza Hotel, It's beautiful building, but also wery difficult, I can't wait to see more of it :yes:

Posted

Well here is one picture that will be of help for your Plaza project:

link to the picture (big one)

and another one

Hey my friend you should check your links and fix it cos it's wrong links :P

The Plaza Hotel, what a wonderful iconic landmark in New York. Very very good idea and good start. :D

Posted

Thanks all for the warm welcomings. It seems like people here know their NYC landmarks, well no surprise there. I will bring over all relevant BATs here from my other thread when I have progress on them to show. The Plaza Hotel is very ornate and there are many details to model, so it's progressing quite slow.

Vlasky: Those pictures helps a lot, good contrast to show all ornaments, thank you! (Nothing worong with the links, that site just don't like direct linking, but opening them without the referal it works)

Vlasky likes this

Posted

Lovely your details are getting better, keep it up. :thumb:

Posted

You will really nail this! One of the most detailed buildings around! Great job, love the entrance!

Posted

Very nice progress, I think I should consider removing Plaza Hotel from my to-do list ;)

Posted

-My favourite Hotel in the World!

I'm really happy with this BAT!!! :D

Good Look ;)

Posted (edited)

Another small update, progress is quite slow but I wanted to show you all that it's still being worked on.

Aaron Graham, Vlasky, Seraf and OnlyMillion, thank you for your kind words.

(Don't mind the missing faces)

z5SPlaza5-1.png

Edited by anotn

Posted

Looks great, your poly modeling, if so your doing a great job. :thumb:

Posted

As long as you're working on it and showing us progress :D and do show whenever you do something. It looks impressive already

Posted

It's taking shape. :)

Posted

I haven't had much time for BAT lately but wanted to tell you that I'm still working on this but at a quite slow pace, I won't gice you an update on the Plaza but I have something else that I want to show. It's a residential building called The Aurora.

z5Aurora2.png

Posted

Glad to see you're still around. The modeling on The Aurora looks good so far.

Posted

Is the brown concrete texture final? If so, looking at the pics of the building I think it would need desaturating quite a bit...nice modelling though, really like the look of this and will fit the game quite nicely, good work!

Posted

Nice work!

Posted

Hehehehe, well what a nice thing to see! :) Let's just hope more time is on your way my friend! :) You have chosen one of the very common type of residential high-rises in Manhattan, and although not many would enjoy modeling them, those really will be very helpful for achieving that Manhattan feeling in cities :)

Posted

Looks great Anotn, and i'm glad to see something esle from you. :D

Posted

Looks good :) I'm waiting for textures :yes:

Posted (edited)

Thanks all for the comments, a little update on The Aurora, or as it seems to be called now The Dorothy Ross Friedman Residence.

z5WAurora3.pngz5SAurora2.png

Edited by anotn
Vlasky and Aaron Graham like this

Posted

The palette might need to be lightened slightly, it seems very dark overall, which might make it stick out in game.

Otherwise, I think it is coming along rather nicely!

Vlasky likes this

Posted

It looks like there's some tiling in the brick, but given the complexity of the façade it may not be an issue. I think it's coming along nicely.

Vlasky likes this

Posted (edited)

Looking great, this is what the brick needs to aim for.

I also think think the window frames are a little to dark, add a little brightness or saturation to it. i also would like to see some detailing on the first floor like stores, sense the real thing as some, but I'm sure you have not went to that area yet. And do not for get about the balcony junk a few chairs here and there. :D Keep it up your doing a wonderful job.

z5waurora3.jpg

z5saurora2.png

Edited by Aaron Graham
Vlasky likes this