• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Extra donation boost for June/July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts!
        Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13.
        Your contribution means a lot! Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount
        Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

Chat is back...   06/22/2017

In order to conserve resources, we've disabled the global chatbar at the bottom of the site. Instead, the Chat can be accessed by clicking the top navigation tab. It will launch a new window. If you're not seeing this behavior, try clearing your browser's cache.
d_j_p1

SC4 Tools Support Page

18 posts in this topic

Welcome to the new home for SC4 Tools @ Simtropolis

Just released: DIC 2.1

With Version 2.1 categories come to the Download Manager:

Downloaded Archives found in subfolders within the DIC's default download folder are automatically categorized (using hte name of the folder).

Note: Only the first level within the default download folder is used - any deeper levels are ignored!

During the initial installation (or first run after an upgrade), default categories are created (but not applied), based on the in-game menus. Users can change these, of course, via the Category Maintenance available from the Developer Menu on the main DIC screen, or the Process menu on the Download Manager screen.

dic21b_peg.png

The easiest way to categorize a download is, of course, during the actual downloading: point your browser to the respective subfolder rather than the default location, and the category is automatically added.

This thread will be used as the local support forum, and to bring you announcements of the latest developments in the SC4 Toolbox. Alternatively, there are support forums at SC4 Devotion and SimPeg . And last, but certainly not least, there is always the most direct method, via email - support team

For first time users, the DIC can be downloaded from our site's download page - still the fastest method.

Existing users (who have at least version 2.0) can use the Check for Updates option from the Help menu on the main DIC window.

Special Note to those who upgrade existing DIC installations
:

Before you apply this update it is strongly recommended that you make a full backup of the \Program Files\eu-Contractor folder. This update - on its first run - will make a change to your existing database - a backup is a really, really good idea here!

For full details and a "How to.." guide, visit the DIC 2.1 Update Page ..

SC4 Organizer Discontinued..

While we will still fully support all existing installations of the SC4 Organizer, there will be no new new versions since all its functions have been incorporated into the DIC. Switching to the DIC is simple: install the latest version of the DIC and run it. Once that is done you can uninstall the SC4 Organizer. The DIC will have taken all its defaults from the original Organizer installation.

Also updated:

Both the Region & City Viewer and the MD/CJ Editor have been updated with the latest fixes. The R&C Viewer erred when tallying census data; and the MD Editor would sometimes crash when an illegal character was found durng the preparations for a preview.

Good luck & happy (organised) downloading...

David

cj_editor_tagline.png

dic_cat_menu.jpg
Just released: DIC Version 2.1.0.9:

In order to make categorizing downloads easier and quicker, we have now added a Category Menu. This will list, alphabetically, up to thirty categories, plus the Uncategorize option (moves downloads back into the SC4 Stuff/Downloads root folder).

Also new in this version is theView Menu: it holds all sorting options plus a Unsorted option which resets the download listing to its default view (newest items first). The Logbook and Team Chart options have been moved from their original location (Downloads Menu) to this here View Menu.

Plus we made a few minor fixes regard MIAs (downloads missing in action). These are now "officially" excluded from all file operations such as moving or categorizing. Users of any versions starting with 2.0 can simply use the Help Menu -> Check for Updates option to upgrade. Users of older versions will need to re-install the DIC. Both the full version and the update are also available from the SC4 Tools site.

The DIC (Ver. 2.1.1.3) just had an update, available as usual via the DIC Help Menu - Check for updates, or via the SC4 Tools site. Apart from some minor fixes for stuff discovered during house-keeping, we added the Dependency Browser.

This is a simple tool utilizing BSC Cleanitol™ files by scanning them for possible URLs.

To use it, you must a) haveBSC Cleanitol™ installed, and b) have one or more text files listing both dependencies and their URLs.

When the dialog opens it scans the Cleanitol folder for such files, listing all dependencies for which URLs exist. You can add listings by scanning other folders, and you can visit the URL by selecting it in the list and clicking the Browse button. This will display the mini-Browser below the list. The Stop button closes the browser.

Note: most online file exchanges require membership and you may have to log in before you can download.

Currently, the Dependency Browser does not check if you already have the listed item (planned for future releases).

dic_depbrowse.jpg

How do I un-install the previous version as I would like to start clean. There does not seem to be an uninstaller within the package.

How do I un-install the previous version as I would like to start clean. There does not seem to be an uninstaller within the package.

Use the built-in Windows uninstall process (Control Panel – Programs & Features”. But do back up your database, and on the subsequent install uncheck “Install Database” – that way you will keep whatever records you already have.

Hi D_i_p1; Thanks for that and it is what I tried first off. Problem seems to be there is no uninstall programme element which the uninstaller is looking for. I may just have to do this the hard way delete it and then clean out the registry.

But before I go down that route; can you confirm that the programme works in Windows 7. That has been my problem all along in getting it to work properly.

Edited by TownMaster2005

Hey TownMaster,

There should be a uninstall facility;

This is entry you should be looking for to uninstall it

dlimage.jpg

DIC works perfectly fine on WIN7 32bit & 64bit

Let me know how you get on, or if you need some more help

Dave

Hi Dave.Thanks again to you and the doc for all your efforts with this project. Is there a way to remove an entry without deleting the file?

EDIT: I found the answer to this question. Thanks.

Edited by Vern

When I try to add a folder with the "move to download" option unselected it adds the contents but marks them as missing. When I add the files manually it doesn't do that. I choose not to move my files to the preselected download area because I have them organized in a certain way and would like it to stay that way. Is this a bug?

Also when I do a multiple select using the check boxes to delete entries it doesn't work. If I try to highlight and use the CTRL method to do multi-select it won't do a multi delete.

Edited by Vern

When I try to add a folder with the "move to download" option unselected it adds the contents but marks them as missing. When I add the files manually it doesn't do that. I choose not to move my files to the preselected download area because I have them organized in a certain way and would like it to stay that way. Is this a bug?

Also when I do a multiple select using the check boxes to delete entries it doesn't work. If I try to highlight and use the CTRL method to do multi-select it won't do a multi delete.

Hi Vern,

Apologise for not replying to your original post - I'm convinced I did that, but nothing is showing here so I obviously didn't..

Anyway - I'll have a look at the points you have mentioned above and let you know. It's been a while since I've used those functions so need to check first

Cheers

Dave

In DIC setup, how do I set the "default" directories to somewhere other than the C:\ drive? I have my plugins on a separate drive and use the link to load them. I can only select folders in the "My Documents" directory.

I just installed the DIC, but I can't open the Download Manager. I have 21 zips downloaded to the DIC's download folder. However, when I go to File>Manage, it seems that "Manage" is gray and cannot be opened. I've tried reinstalling the program a few times, to no avail. Any suggestions?

upload2e.jpg

WMP Upload Facility is now open..!

As of April 24th, 2012, all batters and lotters are invited to make their creations available on the WMP Exchange.

The process is simple: fill in a form, add your ZIP archive and images. The only caveat is that unlike the bigger exchanges, uploads are not shown right away. That is because we check and test everything first.

Why not try it now..?

http://workingman-productions.co.uk/wmp_uploads.aspx

DIC 3.0.1.5 has just been released. It addresses two minor bug fixes and adds a new filter button to the Download Manager:

• Fixed problem with categories/move operations where MIAs were present.

• Removed selection buttons from secondary listing.

• Added WMP Exchange plugins only filter.

Those who have the DIC alread installed can simply use "Help - Check for Updates" to get the latest version automatically..

I am having a hard time trying to get the DIC to un-pack so I can add the new downloads and check for the missing dependancies. I have downgraded the progam, updated the prorgram and have run the DAT-Packer hoping that that would do something but to no avail. Below I have put the results from the testing tool. SC4 Test Tool Report - Ryan - Sunday, September, 2012 - 11:09 ------------------------------------------------ SC4 Stuff Folder Structure: ------------------------------------------------ SC4 Stuff +Archive |+ArchiveAddOns |+ArchiveFanta SPAM-MMP |+ArchiveFarmers Market |+ArchiveGrowable |+ArchiveInstall_APTX Lot Mega Pack 1 |+Archivelicense |+ArchiveMas71 Prop Packs |+ArchiveMattb325 Cruise Ship Terminal |+ArchiveMattb325 Vu Laboratories |+ArchivePaeng |+ArchivePaeng_Vol01 |+ArchivePEGPROD |+ArchivePlugins |+ArchiveSPAM Chicken Ranch |+ArchiveSPAM_AddOn_Paeng_Vol02 |+ArchiveSPAM_Mixed_MMP |+ArchiveStreet Addon Mod |+Archivetemplates |+ArchiveVeterinary |+ArchiveVol02 Farmhouses |?ArchiveVol1 Barns +Backups |+maxis |?Sept1 | +AC Team | +APTX | |?APTX Lot MegaPack_1 | +APTX_Prop_Pack01 | +APTX_Prop_Pack02 | +APTX_Prop_Pack03 | +APTX_Prop_Pack04 | +a_CAM | +BSC | |+BLSLots | ||?BLS CAL Industrial Wharves | |+BSC Parks | |+BSCProps | |+BSCTextures | |+CAL | ||+Boatyards | ||?Canals | || +Baseset | || ?Coal wharf | |+Canals | ||+Base Set | ||?Extras | || ?Wharf | |+citynut | ||?NewmanIncCoalMine | |+Civic | ||?Library | |+CP | ||?MMP | |+Deadwoods | ||?SimCityRail | |+Diggis | ||?Ponds | |+Gascooker | ||?baltic | |+Geoffhaw | ||?BSC_Flag_Pack_1 | |+JBSimio | ||+Chelsea Mills | |||?Signs | ||+Schoolpack Vol. 2 | |||+Central High School | |||+Schultz Memorial High School | |||?Washington High School | ||+Schoolpack Vol. 3 | |||+Holy Cross Church and School | |||+Peace Church and School | |||?Walter Manthey Correctional School | ||?Schoolpack Vol. 4 | || +Eisenhower Elementary | || +Helen Krump Elementary | || +John Novac Memorial | || +Roth Elementary | || ?Westwood Elementary | |+jestarr | ||+RiverBarges | ||+SterlingConsolidatedManufacturing | ||?VW_AutomotiveFactory | |+Mattb325 | ||?Nokia Building | |+Nealos101 | ||?SGM Grand | || ?Model Files | |+Newman Inc | ||?Oil Refinery | |?SNM | | +Land | | ?MAAM | +BSC_NewmanIncCoalMine_v201 | +CAM | |+C0$$ | |+CO$$$ | |+CS$$ | |+CS$$$ | |+Industrials | |?Residentials | +City Facilities Central V2 | |?Money Park | +Cogeo | |?LogisticsPack | | +Models | | ?Props | +CSX | |+CSXLots | ||+Planning SDOT | ||+Waterfront | |||?CSX Wave Power | ||?WFK | || ?natural Gas Cookery | |?CSXProps | +deadwoods | |?DEDWD_OilProduction | +Devo 08 Fans Zones | +FC-Public Swimming Pool | +Glenni_Sewage _Plant1 | +God Terraforming in Mayor Mode | +HeywoodInn | +HKABT | |?bixel | | ?MEGA packs | +Ice Rink & Plaza | +JS-Pack Plazas | +ks_jpn | |?MEGA Props | +L.G.M | +LBT | |+Eblem | ||?Plaza Mall | |?Essentials | +Li'l Al's Apple Farms - Files | |?Props | +Lots de plages et places de sable | +Marrast | |?Props | +MAS71 | |+JPR Addon Lot Pack 01 | |+JPR Addon Lot Pack 02 | ||?xx_Options | |?JRP CoreLotPack | | ?JRP Core Lot Pack by Mas'71 | +Maxisland | +META-INF | |?com | | +android | | ?google | | ?android | +Mozukuss | |?Models | +NDEX | |+DA | ||?DA Models | |+ITS | ||?ITS Props | |?SR | | ?SR Models | +NDEX and Associates | +NDEX SeaView Tower | +Network Addon Mod | |+Additional Bridges | |+High Speed Rail Project | |+Network Widening Mod | |+Plugins | |+Real Highway Mod | |+Street Addon Mod | ||?Textures | |+zzz-NAM Retexture and Cosmetic Mod | |?z_Left Hand Plugin | +New Region 4 | +Nexis | |+Nexis_WaterPumpingStation-216A | |?Nexis_WaterPumpingStation-Tanks-216B | +NexisWaterPurificationPump | |?NexisFarmWaterPurifier | +NexisWaterSupply | +NHP_DMScopio_WaltDisneyConcertHall | +NOB_WaterSystem | +Paeng_Pocket_Plazas | |+2x1 | |?2x2 | +Parks_v205 | |+ADDONS_205 | |+LOTS_205 | |+RESOURCE_205 | |+SIDINGS_205 | |?_Documentation_205 | +PEGPROD | |+CDK Leveler | |+CDK-IND | ||?Ferry | |+CDK-REC | ||?CDK Fishermans Wharf | |+CDK3 | ||+Algae Farm | ||+CDK3 | |||?SEAPORT | ||| ?SEAPORT SUPER PAK | ||+CDK3 SUPER PAK | ||+Fishery | ||+Resource Pack 1 | ||+SEAPORT | |||+Container Ship Fleet | |||+Pier One | |||?SEAPORT SUPER PAK | ||?Vehicle Pack 1 | |+CSK2 | ||+CSK2 Scows | ||?Port-Small | |+MODs | ||?Security Fencing | |+Mountain Theme Pack | ||?_MTP SUPER PACK | |+Navy Bases | ||+Reserve Base | ||?Submarine Base | |+Refuse Relocation Kit | |?SPAM | | +SPAM | | |+SPAM_Core_Lots | | |+SPAM_Documentation | | ||+css | | ||?img | | |+SPAM_Mod_Main | | |?SPAM_Super_Resource_Pack | | | +SPAM_Crops_Resource | | | +SPAM_Resource | | | ?SPAM_Textures | | +SPAM_Core_Lots | | +SPAM_Documentation | | |+css | | |?img | | +SPAM_Mod_Main | | ?SPAM_Super_Resource_Pack | | +SPAM_Crops_Resource | | +SPAM_Resource | | ?SPAM_Textures | +Plugins_Compressed | +Replacements | +SFBT | |+SFBT_Props | |?Tree Replacement Mod | +Shottesbrooke Winery & Cellar Door | +Simgoober | |+Commercial | ||+Adult | ||+Hotels | ||+Malls | ||+Ploppables | |||+Adult | |||+Dept Stores | |||+Hotels | |||+Offices | |||+Restaurants | |||?Retail | ||?Restaurants | |+Education | |+Health | |+Industrials | ||+I-HT | ||+Mulitpacks | ||?Ploppables | |+RLS | ||?Industry | || ?AutoFactory | |+Transport | ||?Bus Stops | |+Uitlities | ||?Water | |?Utilities | +Small Family Park | +SNM | |?WIMPS-N | | +Base Set | | +Dry Dock | | ?LHA Dock | +SPAM | |+SPAM_Core_Lots | |+SPAM_Documentation | ||+css | ||?img | |+SPAM_Mod_Main | |?SPAM_Super_Resource_Pack | | +SPAM_Crops_Resource | | +SPAM_Resource | | ?SPAM_Textures | +Superstar | +system | |+app | |+bin | |+etc | ||+bluetooth | ||+dhcpcd | |||?dhcpcd-hooks | ||+init.d | ||+ppp | ||+security | |||?cacerts | ||?wifi | |+fonts | |+framework | |+lib | ||+bluez-plugin | ||+drm | ||+egl | ||+hw | ||?soundfx | |+media | ||+audio | |||+alarms | |||+notifications | |||+ringtones | |||?ui | ||?video | |+modules | |+tts | ||?lang_pico | |+usr | ||+icu | ||+idc | ||+keychars | ||+keylayout | ||+share | |||+bmd | |||?zoneinfo | ||?srec | || ?config | || ?en.us | || +dictionary | || +g2p | || +grammars | || ?models | |+vendor | ||+bin | ||+firmware | ||?lib | || +drm | || +egl | || ?hw | |?xbin | +The_Terrain_Kit | |?PEGPROD | | +MTP | | |+MTP MM2 Scrub Brush | | |+MTP MM3 Forest Flora | | |+MTP MM7 Logging Scenes | | |?MTP MM8 Forest Scenes | | ?PPonds | | +LE Terrain Props | | +PPond_Kit | | ?Terrain Props 1 | +UNW_Props | +water_pt_facility | +Wolf | |?Solar Tower | +X-Ports | |+Airports | ||+Props | ||+SWAP Eyecandy | ||?Textures | |?Seaports | +zz_BSC_MML | ?~DAMN Remove Lots | ?Diggis +Downloads |+Civic - Education |+Civic - Fire |+Civic - Hospitals |+Civic - Landmarks |+Civic - Parks |+Civic - Police |+Civic - Rewards |+Landmarks - Functional |+Networks - Air |+Networks - Highway |+Networks - Rail |+Networks - Road |+Networks - Water |+Other - Flora |+Other - Specials |+Other - Tools |+Tjibaou |+Utilities - Power |+Utilities - Recycling |+Utilities - Water |+Zones - Commercial |+Zones - Industrial |+Zones - Residential |?Zones - Rural +Has been compressed +Maps +Mods +Obsolete +Other ?ReadMe Library Plug-ins Folder Structure: ------------------------------------------------ Plugins +AC Team +AFL1.2 +APTX |?APTX Lot MegaPack_1 +APTX_Prop_Pack01 +APTX_Prop_Pack02 +APTX_Prop_Pack03 +APTX_Prop_Pack04 +a_CAM +Basic Lots for torremoyor models +BSC |+BLSLots ||?BLS CAL Industrial Wharves |+BSC Parks |+BSCProps |+BSCTextures |+CAL ||+Boatyards ||?Canals || +Baseset || ?Coal wharf |+CAM ||?bixel |+Canals ||+Base Set ||?Extras || ?Wharf |+citynut ||?NewmanIncCoalMine |+Civic ||?Library |+CP ||?MMP |+Deadwoods ||?SimCityRail |+Diggis ||?Ponds |+Farms ||?JMyers || +Abram McNeal || +Bubba Washington || +Dell Budden || +Eoch Whitton || +Herb Bransfield || +J R McKinley || +John Bruff || ?Rachael Shauer |+Gascooker ||?baltic |+Geoffhaw ||?BSC_Flag_Pack_1 |+JBSimio ||+Chelsea Mills |||?Signs ||+Schoolpack Vol. 2 |||+Central High School |||+Schultz Memorial High School |||?Washington High School ||+Schoolpack Vol. 3 |||+Holy Cross Church and School |||+Peace Church and School |||?Walter Manthey Correctional School ||?Schoolpack Vol. 4 || +Eisenhower Elementary || +Helen Krump Elementary || +John Novac Memorial || +Roth Elementary || ?Westwood Elementary |+jestarr ||+RiverBarges ||+SterlingConsolidatedManufacturing ||?VW_AutomotiveFactory |+Mattb325 ||+Modern Office ||+Motorola Offices ||?Nokia Building |+Nealos101 ||?SGM Grand || ?Model Files |+Newman Inc ||?Oil Refinery |?SNM | +Land | ?MAAM +BSC Reward Chains2 |+images |+_fpclass |+_private |+_themes ||?_vti_cnf |+_vti_cnf |?_vti_pvt | ?_vti_cnf +BSC_NewmanIncCoalMine_v201 +CAM |+C0$$ |+CO$$$ |+CS$$ |+CS$$$ |+Industrials |?Residentials +CAS Essentials +City Facilities Central V2 |?Money Park +Coal Wharf |?images +Cogeo |?LogisticsPack | +Models | ?Props +CSX |+CSXLots ||+Planning SDOT ||+Waterfront |||?CSX Wave Power ||?WFK || ?natural Gas Cookery |?CSXProps +damn |?resources | +images | |+gen | |+menu | |?nav | +lang | |+de | |+en | ||?images | |?fr | ?templates +deadwoods |?DEDWD_OilProduction +Devo 08 Fans Zones +Documentation |?images +Fanta SPAM-MMP +FC-Public Swimming Pool +For MAC or Manual Install |+High Speed Rail Project |+Network Widening Mod |+Real Highway Mod |+Street Addon Mod |?z_Left Hand Version Plugin +Glenni_Sewage _Plant1 |?images +God Terraforming in Mayor Mode +Grow +HeywoodInn +HKABT |?bixel | ?MEGA packs +Ice Rink & Plaza +images +Install_APTX Lot Mega Pack 1 +JS-Pack Plazas +ks_jpn |+Al Burj |?MEGA Props +L.G.M +LakeVisonisRegion |+Import_Plugins |+Large |+ReadMe_files |?Small +LBT |+Eblem ||?Plaza Mall |?Essentials +LG Electronics Plop +LG Growble +Li'l Al's Apple Farms - Files |?Props +lib +license +Lots de plages et places de sable +Marrast |?Props +MAS71 |+JPR Addon Lot Pack 01 |+JPR Addon Lot Pack 02 ||?xx_Options |+JRP CoreLotPack ||?JRP Core Lot Pack by Mas'71 |?SOGO +Mas71 Prop Packs +Mattb325 Cruise Ship Terminal +Mattb325 Vu Laboratories +Mattb325_MailDistributionCentre +Maxisland +META-INF |?com | +android | ?google | ?android +mikeseith |?dodge dealer +modular_freightyard |+images |?Paeng | ?Modular Freight Yard +Mozukuss |+CAMlots |?Models +Murimk Productions |+Murimk Farm Addons for SPAM ||?Vol1 Barns |?Murimk Farm Addons for SPAM Vol02 | ?Vol02 Farmhouses +NDEX |+DA ||?DA Models |+ITS ||?ITS Props |?SR | ?SR Models +NDEX and Associates +NDEX SeaView Tower +Network Addon Mod |+Additional Bridges |+Documentation ||?images |+High Speed Rail Project ||?images |+Network Widening Mod |+Plugins |+Real Highway Mod |+Street Addon Mod ||+images ||?Textures |+zzz-NAM Retexture and Cosmetic Mod ||?images |?z_Left Hand Plugin +New Region 4 +Nexis |+Nexis_WaterPumpingStation-216A |?Nexis_WaterPumpingStation-Tanks-216B +NexisWaterPurificationPump |?NexisFarmWaterPurifier +NexisWaterSupply +NHP FLOG Clubhouse Vol 2 +NHP_DMScopio_WaltDisneyConcertHall +NOB_WaterSystem +nycc06 |+Amethyst Hotel Tower |?Eclipse Tower +Paeng |?Sec_Fence_v1-04 | +AddOns | +Fillers | ?Gates +Paeng_Pocket_Plazas |+2x1 |?2x2 +Parking Lot +Parks_v205 |+ADDONS_205 |+LOTS_205 |+RESOURCE_205 |+SIDINGS_205 |?_Documentation_205 | ?Readme_Parks +PEGPROD |+CDK Leveler |+CDK-IND ||?Ferry |+CDK-REC ||?CDK Fishermans Wharf |+CDK3 ||+Algae Farm ||+CDK3 |||?SEAPORT ||| ?SEAPORT SUPER PAK ||+CDK3 SUPER PAK ||+Fishery ||+Resource Pack 1 ||+SEAPORT |||+Container Ship Fleet |||+Pier One |||?SEAPORT SUPER PAK ||?Vehicle Pack 1 |+CSK2 ||+CSK2 Scows ||?Port-Small |+Lakeside Resort |+MODs ||?Security Fencing |+Mountain Theme Pack ||+Clinic ||?_MTP SUPER PACK |+Navy Bases ||+Reserve Base ||?Submarine Base |+Refuse Relocation Kit |?SPAM | +SPAM | |+SPAM_Core_Lots | |+SPAM_Documentation | ||+css | ||?img | |+SPAM_Mod_Main | |?SPAM_Super_Resource_Pack | | +SPAM_Crops_Resource | | +SPAM_Resource | | ?SPAM_Textures | +SPAM_Core_Lots | +SPAM_Documentation | |+css | |?img | +SPAM_Mod_Main | ?SPAM_Super_Resource_Pack | +SPAM_Crops_Resource | +SPAM_Resource | ?SPAM_Textures +Plop +Plugins_Compressed +Port-au-Prince Haiti +Q House Lumpini +Readme_Win |?Shottesbrooke_Winery_readme_files +Replacements +resources |+images |?lang | +de | |?images | +en | |?images | ?fr | ?images +SFBT |+SFBT_Props |+SFBT_ReadMe ||?images |?Tree Replacement Mod +Shottesbrooke Winery & Cellar Door +Simgoober |+Commercial ||+Adult ||+Hotels ||+Malls ||+Ploppables |||+Adult |||+Dept Stores |||+Hotels |||+Offices |||+Restaurants |||?Retail ||?Restaurants |+Education |+Health |+Industrials ||+I-HT ||+Mulitpacks ||?Ploppables |+Parks ||?Public Pools |+RLS ||?Industry || ?AutoFactory |+Transport ||?Bus Stops |+Uitlities ||?Water |+Utilities |?Yuengling Brewery +skyscraper |?LEX +Small Family Park +SNM |?WIMPS-N | +Base Set | +Dry Dock | ?LHA Dock +SPAM |+SPAM_Core_Lots |+SPAM_Documentation ||+css ||?img |+SPAM_Mod_Main |?SPAM_Super_Resource_Pack | +SPAM_Crops_Resource | +SPAM_Resource | ?SPAM_Textures +SPAM - R.A.V.E |?PEGPROD | ?SPAM | ?SPAM_addon | ?SPAM_abcvs | ?Veterinary | ?Vetsigns +SPAM Chicken Ranch |?PEGPROD | ?Chicken Ranch | ?SPAM Chicken Ranch +SPAM Farmers Market |?PEGPROD | ?SPAM | ?SPAM_addon | ?SPAM_abcvs | ?Farmers Market +SPAM_abcvs_growable_addon |?PEGPROD | ?SPAM | ?SPAM_Addon | ?SPAM_abcvs | ?Growable | +Assorted 1x1 | +Assorted 2x1 | +Dairy 3x3 | +Farm House 2x2 | +Greenhouse 1x1 | +Greenhouse 1x2 | +Greenhouse 2x1 | +Greenhouse 2x2 | +Home Grain 4x4 | ?Images +SPAM_Accessories_Paeng_Vol02 |?PEGPROD | ?SPAM | ?AddOns | ?SPAM_Mixed_MMP +SPAM_Accessories_vol01 |?PEGPROD | ?SPAM | ?AddOn | +SPAM_Crops_MMP | +SPAM_Fences | |+Fences_barbed | |+Fences_brown | |+Fences_Resource | |+Fences_white | |?Wandering_Animals | ?SPAM_Field_blank +SPAM_AddOn_Paeng_Vol01 |?PEGPROD | ?SPAM | ?AddOn | ?Paeng_Vol01 | +SPAM_Abattoir_IND | +SPAM_Addon_FarmGrowables | +SPAM_FarmSupplies_COM | +SPAM_Old_Watertower | ?SPAM_Small_Cattle_Station +SPAM_AddOn_Paeng_Vol02 |?PEGPROD | ?SPAM | ?AddOn | ?Paeng_Vol02 | +SPAM_Barns | +SPAM_Farmhouses | +SPAM_Greenhouses | +SPAM_LargeDairyFarm | ?SPAM_Silos +SPAM_Addon_Paeng_Vol03 |?PEGPROD | ?SPAM | ?AddOns | ?SPAM_Farmhouse_Growables | +Lots | |?Ploppable | ?Resource +SPAM_RidingSchool_Stables_Paeng |?PEGPROD | ?SPAM | ?AddOns | ?SPAM_Riding_School_Stables | +Fancy_Stable | ?Riding_School +Superstar +system |+app |+bin |+etc ||+bluetooth ||+dhcpcd |||?dhcpcd-hooks ||+init.d ||+permissions ||+ppp ||+security |||?cacerts ||+updatecmds ||?wifi |+fonts |+framework |+lib ||+bluez-plugin ||+drm ||+egl ||+hw ||?soundfx |+media ||+audio |||+alarms |||+notifications |||+ringtones |||?ui ||?video |+modules |+tts ||?lang_pico |+usr ||+icu ||+idc ||+keychars ||+keylayout ||+share |||+bmd |||?zoneinfo ||?srec || ?config || ?en.us || +dictionary || +g2p || +grammars || ?models |+vendor ||+bin ||+etc ||+firmware ||?lib || +drm || +egl || ?hw |?xbin +The_Terrain_Kit |+Documentation ||?Original_ReadMe_Files |?PEGPROD | +MTP | |+MTP MM2 Scrub Brush | |+MTP MM3 Forest Flora | |+MTP MM7 Logging Scenes | |?MTP MM8 Forest Scenes | ?PPonds | +LE Terrain Props | +PPond_Kit | ?Terrain Props 1 +torremayor |?Models +UNW_Props +water_pt_facility +WMP_Models +Wolf |?Solar Tower +X-Ports |+Airports ||+Props ||+SWAP Eyecandy ||?Textures |?Seaports +xxdita_bsc +Xyloxadoria |?Center For the Preforming Arts +ZZZZ_PEG SEAPORTS |+Pier Seaport |?ZZZ-Master Seaport Controller Mod +zz_BSC_MML ?~DAMN Remove Lots ?Diggis Maxis Folder Structure: ------------------------------------------------ SimCity 4 Deluxe +Apps +Danish +Dutch +Finnish +Fonts +French +German +Italian +Lot Editor Manual_files +Norwgian +Plugins |?DAMN | +Images | +Root | |?Inland Waterways | | ?Ponds | | ?Diggis Grass Ponds Extras | ?Support +Polish +Portgese +Radio |?Stations | +Mayor | |?Music | ?Region | ?Music +Regions |+Berlin |+Fairview |+London |+New York |+San Francisco |+Timbuktu |?Wichita +Sku_Data |?Sku2_European +Spanish +Support +Swedish ?UKEnglsh Registry Entries for DIC (32): ------------------------------------------------------------------ Developer On = Yes Compressed Folder Name = Plugins_Compressed Application Folder = C:\Program Files (x86)\eu-Contractor Catalogue Version = DIC 3.0.1.5 User Plugin Folder = C:\Users\Ryan\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins SC4 Log Folder = C:\Users\Ryan\Documents\SC4 Stuff DatPacker Location = C:\Program Files (x86)\SC4DatPacker 2008\SC4DatPacker.exe SC4 Backup Folder = C:\Users\Ryan\Downloads\New folder Download Folder = C:\Users\Ryan\Documents\SC4 Stuff\Downloads ReadMe Library = C:\Users\Ryan\Documents\SC4 Stuff\Readme Library SC4 Install Folder = C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps Has Been Folder = C:\Users\Ryan\Documents\SC4 Stuff\Has been compressed Default User = Ryan Default Userpath = C:\Users\Ryan\Documents Update Check = No AutoBackup = No AutoUpdate = No Primary DB = DIC Cleantiol Location = C:\Program Files (x86)\BSCCleanitol\BSC Cleanitol TM.exe Database = C:\Program Files (x86)\eu-Contractor\dlcatalog.mdb Catalog Logbook = C:\Users\Ryan\Documents\SC4 Stuff\dic_logbook.log First Run = 02/09/2012 - 09:52:06 DAT Packed Date = 9/1/2012 10:18:26 PM DB Update 2011 = 1 Category Data = C:\Users\Ryan\Documents\SC4 Stuff\dlCategories.dat DB Update = 1 Downloads Registered = 486 Downloads Installed = 0 Developer Initialized = 9/2/2012 10:31:19 AM Last Maxis Backup = 9/2/2012 12:00:00 AM Downloads Found = 499 SC4 Backup Type = file ------------------------------------------------------------------ Registry Entries for eu-Contractor (1): ------------------------------------------------------------------ SC4 DIC Version = 3.0.1.5 - x86/x64 - 01/07/2012 ------------------------------------------------------------------ Other Logbooks (dev_log_092012.log): -------------------------------------------- 01/09/2012 - 13:41 Developer Options updated (Ryan) 01/09/2012 - 20:29 Developer Options updated (Ryan) 01/09/2012 - 20:31 Developer Options updated (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 10:31 Developer Options updated (Ryan) -------------------------------------------- Other Logbooks (dic_logbook.log): -------------------------------------------- Logbook cleared on 01 Sep 2012 at 22:01:19 02/09/2012 - 09:52 Installation verified; (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 09:52 DL Folder Scan: 0 entries added; (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 10:03 Preferences updated; (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 10:03 DL Folder Scan: 0 entries added; (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 10:39 DL Folder Scan: 0 entries added; (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 10:39 Preferences updated; (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 10:39 DL Folder Scan: 0 entries added; (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 10:41 DL Folder Scan: 0 entries added; (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 10:48 Preferences updated; (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 10:48 DL Folder Scan: 0 entries added; (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 10:52 Backup settings updated (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 10:53 Backup settings updated (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 10:53 Backup settings updated (Ryan) 02/09/2012 - 10:53 Backup settings updated (Ryan) -------------------------------------------- Other Logbooks (update.log): -------------------------------------------- 01/07/2012:2.1.5.0 -------------------------------------------- --- PC Information: OS is 6.1.7601.65536 --- CPU Details: Vendor ID GenuineIntel Specification Intel® Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz ID Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 Total CPU/Core 4 Physical Processors 1 Clockspeed (via Windows) 2993 Mhz Max Factory Clockspeed (via Windows) 3.001 Ghz Level 1 Cache 256 KB Level 2 Cache 1024 KB Level3 Cache 6144 KB DataWidth Ability 64 Bit FSB Reference Clock 100 Mhz Revision 10759 Rated Voltage 1.2 v ------------------------------------------ Motherboard Details: Manufacturer Gateway Model IPISB-VR Serial Number 111626520004496 Version 1.01 Supported CPU Socket Code CPU 1 Bios Vendor American Megatrends Inc. Manufacturer Version v2.6 Release Date 20110801000000.000000+000 Version ACRSYS - 1072009 ID Code P02-A1 ------------------------------------------ Memory Details: Total Installed Ram 4096 MB Maximum Installable Memory 32768 MB DataWidth Per Dimm 64 Bit Available Physical Ram 1865 MB Total Usable Physical Ram 4000 MB Available Virtual Ram 8388000 MB Total Virtual Ram 8388607 MB ------------------------------------------ Video Details: Vendor Intel Corporation Video Card Model Intel® HD Graphics Family Ram 1808 MB Ram(Bytes) 1895970816 Bytes DAC Info Internal Shared Memory 1632 MB Total Usable Video Memory 3440 MB Video CPU Intel® HD Graphics Family Monitor Count 1 Resolution 1680x1050 Pixels Refresh Rate 59 Hertz Min Refresh Rate 59 Hertz Max Refresh Rate 120 Hertz Bounds {X=0,Y=0,Width=1680,Height=956} Bits-per-Pixel 32 Max Colors 4,294,967,296 ------------------------------------------ Windows Details: Windows OS Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Windows Base Platform Win32NT Windows Version 6.1.7601.65536 Windows Service Pack Service Pack 1 Windows Version (ExTended) Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Windows Architecture 64-bit Windows Technology AMD64 System Directory C:\Windows\system32 Temp Directory C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Local\Temp Document Directory C:\Users\Ryan\Documents Program Directory C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs Desktop Directory C:\Users\Ryan\Desktop Current Directory C:\Program Files (x86)\eu-Contractor ------------------------------------------ Drive Details: Drive Letter: C:\ Total Capacity: 917 GB Total Free Capacity: 740 GB Total Available Capacity: 740 GB File System Format: NTFS Drive Type: Fixed Drive Ready: True Volume Label: Gateway Model: WDC WD10EADX-22TDHB0 ---- ---- Drive Letter: D:\ Drive Type: CDRom ---- ---- Drive Letter: E:\ Line 14: nothing to add..Drive E:\ no information obtained ---- ---- Drive Letter: F:\ Line 18: nothing to add..Drive F:\ no information obtained ---- ---- Drive Letter: G:\ Line 22: nothing to add..Drive G:\ no information obtained ---- ---- Drive Letter: H:\ Line 26: nothing to add..Drive H:\ no information obtained ---- ---- Drive Letter: I:\ Line 30: nothing to add..Drive I:\ no information obtained ---- ---- Drive Letter: J:\ Drive Type: CDRom ---- ---- ---- ---- ------------------------------------------ C:\Users\Ryan\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins: 3,798 files; 3,225.00MB ------------------------------------------ Data collected on 2 September 2012 - 11:11 ------------------------------------------ Test Report saved as ryan_sc4t-test_20120902.txt on 9/2/2012 11:11:15 AMUser Comment: -------------------------- User Comment: --------------------------

Champ champ likes this

I am having an issue with the initial start up of the newest version of the DIC. Hope someone is willing to help me.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards, Collection`1 Results)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.GetFiles(String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
   at DL_Catalogue.sysDef.updateFromFolder(Int32 wFrom)
   at DL_Catalogue.sysDef.Initialize()
   at DL_Catalogue.frmCatalogue.frmCatalogue_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DL Catalogue
    Assembly Version: 3.0.1.5
    Win32 Version: 3.0.1.5
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/eu-Contractor/DL%20Catalogue.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5488 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
dao
    Assembly Version: 10.0.4504.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.4504
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC/dao/10.0.4504.0__31bf3856ad364e35/dao.dll
Ionic.Zip
    Assembly Version: 1.8.3.7
    Win32 Version: 1.8.3.7
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/eu-Contractor/Ionic.Zip.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hope I'm not posting to a dead forum.   Is there a file that can be deleted that will reset the download database to nothing so I can rescan after reinstalling my game? Or should I just uninstall DIC and reinstall from scratch?

Hiya Doc!

I adore your program but I wanted to report a fairly serious conflict. With the advent & release of NAM 32, the "reset & repack" process actually -even though Network Addon Mod is set to exclude -DIC deletes the entire content of that folder located in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins (the folder is left but is emptied). It does not delete the C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\SimCity 4\NAM Auxiliary Files though.

I have tested this now 7 times (reinstall Nam32, run DIC, wash, rinse, repeat!). I'm running Win7 Pro x64. I've pasted the contents of the log below, in case it helps.

I thought you might like to know this is occurring and hopefully it can be rectified. As I said, I adore DIC and would love to continue to use it as it is meant to be used!

Here is the contents of my log, in the hopes it will help to rectify this issue. I don't know anyone who has NAM who would give it up.

Logbook cleared on 25 Apr 2015 at 16:31:47
25/04/2015 - 16:32    Exclusion error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 16:33    DAT Packer completed with exit code 0 (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 16:33    Post-Reset Cleanup, Split File Detection: new Prop Packs-001.dat used; (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 16:33    Post-Reset Cleanup, Split File Detection: new Prop Packs-002.dat used; (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 16:33    Split File Detection: two split files found (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 16:43    DL Folder Scan: 0 entries added; (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 16:48    DL Folder Scan: 1 entries added; (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 16:51    Exclusion error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 17:02    DAT Packer completed with exit code 0 (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 17:02    Post-Reset Cleanup, Split File Detection: original Prop Packs-001.dat used; (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 17:02    Post-Reset Cleanup, Split File Detection: original Prop Packs-002.dat used; (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 17:02    Split File Detection: two split files found (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 17:17    DL Folder Scan: 0 entries added; (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 18:03    Exclusion error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 18:05    DAT Packer completed with exit code 0 (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 18:05    Post-Reset Cleanup, Split File Detection: new Prop Packs-001.dat used; (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 18:05    Post-Reset Cleanup, Split File Detection: new Prop Packs-002.dat used; (Administrator)
25/04/2015 - 18:05    Split File Detection: two split files found (Administrator)
26/04/2015 - 10:58    DL Folder Scan: 0 entries added; (Administrator)
26/04/2015 - 11:51    Cleanup Process on 26/04/2015 at 11:51; removed 4 files (Administrator)
26/04/2015 - 12:15    Exclusion error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (Administrator)
26/04/2015 - 12:15    Packing Process, moving excluded folders: Could not complete operation on some files and directories. See the Data property of the exception for more details. (Administrator)
26/04/2015 - 12:15    Packing Process, moving folders not to be packed: Could not complete operation on some files and directories. See the Data property of the exception for more details. (Administrator)
26/04/2015 - 12:17    DL Folder Scan: 0 entries added; (Administrator)
26/04/2015 - 12:35    DL Folder Scan: 0 entries added; (Administrator)
26/04/2015 - 12:37    Packing Process, moving excluded folders: Could not complete operation on some files and directories. See the Data property of the exception for more details. (Administrator)
26/04/2015 - 12:37    Packing Process, moving folders not to be packed: Could not complete operation on some files and directories. See the Data property of the exception for more details. (Administrator)
26/04/2015 - 12:38    DAT Packer completed with exit code 0 (Administrator)

I hope this program is still being used and updated :???: