Sign in to follow this  
bhughguy

Disappearing City

6 posts in this topic

I've read several other topics on this and none of them seem to relate to my problem.

So, I've been working on a city, and the previous night I saved and quit and just started up SC4 RH this morning and the region image of my city shows blank Maxis green grass through the entire tile.

Is this a problem with my city or the region or what?

Here's an image

Screenshot2011-01-21at93252AM.png

It's the one to the right of the space selected.

bhughguy

I know that depending how you 'quit' the game can interfere with what you see when you reopen... but then again it doesn't look like that's what happened??

Have you tried loading the blank tile?

If it was me I would check my regions folder and see if I can see the city name there. If it is still in the Regions/Berlin folder I would try to import it back in.

Hopefully someone who knows more will come along with better advice.

cheers...

Very odd, since the terraforming is still present.  It looks like, somehow, you copied the region from the backup repository.  In my copy of Berlin, there are some prebuilt cities that pose a pretty nasty set of problems.  Are they present in your copy?

yes they are present in my copy. i haven't bothered to obliterate them or delete them, I actually haven't touched them. As Gringamuyloca stated above that it might have something to do with how I quit the game, all I did was Saved to the Region, then Quit from there, versus Saving and immediately quitting.

Originally posted by: bhughguy

thanks for the advice. i tried loading the blank tile but it treated it like a new cityquote>

When you say "like a new city," do you mean a totally flat all-green city tile or did it appear with the original terrain without any development. In your picture above, the tile you indicated does seem to have lost: the terrain. You might check in the Regions/Download folder to see if a file with the same name is present. I have had the game mysteriously "throw" a city or two into it that I've had to import back into the original spot.

A further note... Were you runing the game at the same time as another program. Sometimes strange things happen while saving with other programs running.