Sign in to follow this  
FreewayofFlight

Simtropolis Currency Exchange

This question popped into my head a couple days ago. Many people like to establish independence from the default Simoleon currency. I was wondering, how much are the various currencies of the CJ world worth?

well maybe some form of 12 month rolling average value based on regional population, regional prosperity, current events within the region and then monthly views/posts and total views/posts to give the currencies some measure of weight. after the weekend i will look at some excel tabled options and hash out some algorithms

The best way to do this is to consider the price of real estate in each area, and establish a set of ratios vs. the simolean.  This table would need to be updated frequently, say once a quarter.  What you'll get is an exchange mid-rate which will give ou some idea of the value of the properties you are slinging around, but remember this is a simulation, and the value of the simoleon is arbitrary, based on stuff from around the year 2000.

O.K, one simoleon should be something around 4000$, when based on wind power plant. That means, one simoleon is worth 130 Optimian sestercii.

I reckon in the Community Goings On, we should set up a City Journal Exchange list.

My unit (crescent), is worth $0.0625 AU (6 and a quarter cents Australian). But I think we should peg it to US dollar, as its pretty universal.

i think the initial rates should be set by the authors but i think an independent financial body should hash out the up's and down's based on say a bi monthly news report of economic changes in the region? as for setting the simoleon that will need to be discussed further. as i said i will outline a barebones strategy of implementation tuesday night.

What would the Simoleon be compared to? $4000 USD seems difficult for many of these virtual, made up currencies, to compare to, considering we don't have real values to establish our own currencies.

Originally posted by: A Nonny Moose

The best way to do this is to consider the price of real estate in each area, and establish a set of ratios vs. the simolean.  This table would need to be updated frequently, say once a quarter.  What you'll get is an exchange mid-rate which will give ou some idea of the value of the properties you are slinging around, but remember this is a simulation, and the value of the simoleon is arbitrary, based on stuff from around the year 2000.

quote>

this would work, but isn't pricing real estate just by eye [ assuming that the author doesnt give us the price of the real estate in simoleans] very difficult?