Sign in to follow this  
bigro

Planet Escape ideas and suggestions?

11 posts in this topic

welcome to the year4611 and earth is not as bad as you think just really, really, really crowded with the avg. population density coming in at 40 people p.sq.m. (including antarctica) to solve this small problem we at make real big stuff out of nothing.inc plan on making and completeing a planet named escape parallel to earth( the other side of the sun) but to do this we need people to create designs for regions and also what to name them so if you are interested please call 123456789. (or just post your thoughts)

we wont even see the year 3000...

anyways, artificial islands along long flooded coastlines, overcrowded megacities with several 100 million inhabitants, devastated landscapes splattered with ghost towns, no icecaps on the poles, deserts twice the size of today, no more fossile fuel, solar power plants all over the place, heavily guarded as energy has become the most precious and exquisite good on earth... second to clean water that is.

and on this other planet, while the media propagates it as the most awesomely awesome thing since sliced bread and therefore harsh selective processes to get a "ticket" there, it's nothing but the same crap on earth 1, less dirty and less croweded, but full of chaos and greedy violence facing all the riches this planet offers because it's recourses are anything but depleted.

Hi,

IMO to make your challenge work you would need to set some ground rules to make sure it was an even contest (there's many ways to cheat in this game). To say no plugins would make it boring but I think as soon as you have any RCI, civic, park or LM type CC, things will be out of balance. Terrain plugins would obviously be OK. Perhaps a list of plugins could be generated, so that everyone's on the same page but their cities aren't too visually boring. Also, as a sprint, I think 150-200,000 would make a better target. Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it, good luck!

There are many of us who can't use the Terraformer or Mapper because of our operating systems. Is there a way you can send me a map of your's I'm interested in that's fully rendered?

I've been looking for the map for two days now so I could get you the name and can't find it. It's one of the challenge maps - Imperial... something. It's an island map with large cliffs.