Sign in to follow this  
northfly

Unlocking Highway by population of 500,000 is a stupid design!

Played the game for two days, the problem is I cannot build highway until population reach 500,000. But when I reach that point, the map is almost covered up, I need to remove a lot of building to settle down the highway. It is even more frustrating when you want to change the whole blueprint when the highway is illustrated. Isn't it stupid?

Is there any cheating to unlock all thing at first? Thanks.

I wouldn't call blocking highways until 500 000 pop stupid - did you even notice how much they eat of your city income? With a normal 200 000 you wouldn't be able to support nearly a long enough highway stretch to make any use of it, not to mention that you shouldn't have such bad traffic at that point.

I would advise you to refrain from making such hasty judgements in the future.

You're right on one count though - highways, or rather their current connection systems take up way too much space.

Thanks, guys, I can see see the highway now, but it turns to be much less flexible than the video showing, for example, it cannot edit lane, the intersection types are very limited. Should I install additional package or just need some skills?

By the way, the blueprint, I build a sea oil platform, does it really extract oil after it is done? How can I delete it if I place it by mistake?

The other thing, by the way,

I didn't find anywhere I can build the snowing path even in the snowing maps? Do I need special package?

Originally posted by: soltangris

I wouldn't call blocking highways until 500 000 pop stupid - did you even notice how much they eat of your city income? With a normal 200 000 you wouldn't be able to support nearly a long enough highway stretch to make any use of it, not to mention that you shouldn't have such bad traffic at that point.

I would advise you to refrain from making such hasty judgements in the future.

You're right on one count though - highways, or rather their current connection systems take up way too much space.quote>

Yes, correct, but I can get huge amount of money from the omnicopmany, just drag the cash bar to the left when you are in fiscal negative status. You can get million a month, and if you don't draw the bar back, you can get billions.

but the problems I don't understand is sometimes I need import heavy industry or manufacturing, I cannot import them, why?

About the Highway: no, that's the way it is, unfortunately. No lanes control and limited connectivity. We have to live with it until Focus has the time/desire to develop it further.

Oil platform: I never build it yet, but you can build it off-shore, in the oil patches that you'll see on certain maps; and yes, after you finish it, it should produce oil (10 tokens, if I'm not mistaken). And I don't see how you can place it by mistake - you don't build in the sea usually, and the game won't let you place it on the shore 9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif Still, if you wanna delete a blueprint, select it then hit the Delete button on your keyboard. 

Snowy path: I don't know what you're talking about, but I assume it's part of the Ski GEM package, which is currentl locked. You can only build it if you install an Unlocker Mod. 

Importing: you should be able to, if you have enough cash tokens (those you get when you have positive cashflow).  If you still can't import them, then this is a bug.

Pharmist made special avenues/expressways that have varying capacities and his experiments give what is closest to a NAM/RHW/Multi Lane Tool/Custom Interchange Mod.