Sign in to follow this  
DICK60

Patch progress Cities xl 2011

7 posts in this topic

Re: Patch for Cities XL 2011 first info

Postby ThierryFocus » 17 Jan 2011 22:25

Good evening all,

I see there are several things.

1/ The patch will fix only functionality and not broken content.

2/ We are not responsible for mod that crash the game. But, we could help the community to make clean mod. When will you have some modding tool? My answer is I don't know yet, our priority is the patch. After that, we can concentrate to the modding tool. We are a small company, we couldn't do a lot of thing at the same time. That's why we works sequentially (and slowly ...? I let you appreciate our work speed).

3/ Tomorrow, we'll internally test a pre-version of the patch. We hope that it will fix the virtual memory crash. We also deactivate the screenshot while saving. The test will take for a moment. I'll communicate our result later here.

Best,

ThierryFocus
Administrateur

Originally posted by: Jesse Swiss

Will we have to re-download all of our mods again?quote>

No, you won't have to re-download any mods. The mods you have installed prior to patching will remain in the paks folder.

However, FHI recommends you test the patch without any mods. But that is mainly to ease the discovery of patch related issues.

Note: It is a good idea to back up your cities prior to patching. You can  find them here: C\Users\"Your Username"\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive

Note: The AppData folder is hidden. To reveal it, open any folder, click on Tools, then Folder Options. After that open the View tab. There you will find an option to show all hidden folders and files.