Sign in to follow this  
X-Static

Problems With Offices

Ok, so I've gotten my citie's population up to a meger 100,000 people.  Even with the high pop. my offices won't develop.  I have maybe 7 office squares that have actually developed.  The statisfaction of them are 100% according to the game, but they still won't develop.  The lack of offices is also causing other industrial zones to not develop.  The biggest problem is resources but the only resource my map has is fertile areas, so it's hard to make money without the oil.

So my main question is, how do I make enough money without oil and sky high taxes and use that money to buy other resources from other cities?

Start neighboring cities to trade with because you can basically donate. So set up a city that has a ton of food and mkae it mainly export then one for fuel etc then other citeies that need to import it you give it to them instead of having them get it from omnibus that will save you alot

Ok, so I used the "Add 10 Tokens" cheat so I could sell those tokens to Omnicorp to get a crap load of income and build up some money. After I reached about $10m, I removed the cheat tokens and I placed a couple power plants, waste dumps, etc until I finally got enough freight resources to provide. For some reason, my industrial areas are still having problems with resources, even though everything is up to par except for passengers. It's like a vicious cycle... industries won't develop because there aren't enough offices or resources, and offices won't develop because there aren't enough industries. Like I said, everything as far as freight resources is where it should be, even without the cheat tokens. Got any ideas?