Sign in to follow this  
jjbb1976

NAM boosting income from public transportation

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

I recently installed the NAM. In one of my city (size 150.000) the income from public transportation increased dramatically (with several 100%) and that even before I’ve plopped any of the NAM-features. When I uninstall NAM the income went back to normal levels. But in other cities I have this effect didn’t happen. Anyone who know the reason for this? Is there anything wrong with my settings? As it is now I can’t use the NAM, because it gives such heavy and unrealistic effect on the finances.>3.gif>

As far as I can tell, this is due to the fact that with NAM traffic simulators your sims will choose the fastest option to get to/from work (for the most part this is public transport) so as a result. More sims are taking public transport = more money coming in from it. Not an unrealistic effect on your finances rather a major increase in public transport usage.

Hopefully this helps and if I'm wrong someone else will correct me 3.gif

Edit: Also welcome to ST!

jjbb1976    0
  • Original Poster
  • Frdm920.. Thank you for the answer. But is there a way to have NAM installed without this effect (or reduce it), because it really gives undesirable effect on the finances in my city (I am gaining to much money per month)?

When I uninstall NAM the income went back to normal levels. But in other cities I have this effect didn't happen. Anyone who know the reason for this? Is there anything wrong with my settings? As it is now I can't use the NAM, because it gives such heavy and unrealistic effect on the finances.>>quote>

The traffic simulator you choose will directly affect the amount of profit you get from your public transport in two ways: it can either increase the fares paid per Sim, or it can increase the number of Sims using that public transport system.

You can use this program to edit the amount you get from public transport: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2379

For some reason, I can't find the support thread - so can't clarify -- but it's definitely your traffic simulator. The NAM itself does not make any alterations to costs etc.

jjbb1976    0
  • Original Poster
  • Is there a possibility to have NAM without this traffic simulator, since I installed NAM only to get access to the overpasses? Or is there another way to get access to the overpasses?

Actually as I recall, the simulator defaults to the "normal" traffic values if you don't enter it and make mods.. therrefore it shouldn't have any effect on your city as long as you don't use it. I have not looked recently, but the default used to be "Maxis values" if you didn't select any options.

While the NAM itself won't break if you delete the NAM Traffic Simulator, it's highly recommended not to do so. The entire RHW, NWM and maybe some other plugins won't function properly anymore. It would be better to use the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool to edit the values that influence your budget. Please have a look at the TSCT readme file, everything is explained in detail there. Actually, if you want, you can make those values even harder than the Maxis Traffic Simulator. 2.gif