Sign in to follow this  
WeBuiltThisCityOnSimCity

Pedestrian mall connection to road?

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Due to how the pathing is on the roads and the pedmall tiles, they don't really connect.  Curently, you have to use a transit station of some sort to get the peds to use it, but I think a dedicated network item of some sort--either puzzle-piece-based or draggable-based (probably the latter if we get some sort of pedestrian pathing into a draggable form anytime in the near future) would be a very useful thing to have.

-Alex (Tarkus)

WeBuiltThisCityOnSimCity    39
  • Original Poster
  • Due to how the pathing is on the roads and the pedmall tiles, they don't really connect. Curently, you have to use a transit station of some sort to get the peds to use it, but I think a dedicated network item of some sort--either puzzle-piece-based or draggable-based (probably the latter if we get some sort of pedestrian pathing into a draggable form anytime in the near future) would be a very useful thing to have.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Can I transit enable a lot and make it a free 1 tile on road pedestrian passway in which pedestrians go past?

Can I transit enable a lot and make it a free 1 tile on road pedestrian passway in which pedestrians go past?

Yes. That's what I've done with the Bike Paths set on SC4D (and an upcoming BSC Parks plaza set).

I have also discovered that you can build a pedestrian tile over the bus station. Do you need to do this to make them connect?

This should be an issue with priority to be solved, at least adding some kind of special tile, as without this transit the pedestrian mall tiles become very useless.

Edited by danuniversal  

WeBuiltThisCityOnSimCity    39
  • Original Poster
  • Guess what guys?

I found a nice Japanese mod that can let pedestrian traffic through!

http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/

Scroll down, click on "Transport" and search "Change walk to walk".

It works like a charm, except it allows car traffic in, which is unrealistic...

I do fortunately have SC4 Tool and I can disable car traffic.

Edited by randomuser2349