Sign in to follow this  
zing

delete city off the region, and now its a blank land?

i wanted to delete one of my cities, and when i did so, the whole land reset to blank grass instead of what was there that came with the game, how to i get the original region back without losing the other cities i made?

Originally posted by: zing

i wanted to delete one of my cities, and when i did so, the whole land reset to blank grass instead of what was there that came with the game.quote>

Curious... How did you delete the city? Did you use the Obliterate City function in the game?

How do i get the original region back without losing the other cities i made?quote>

You could get another copy of the same region and copy the city files into the C:\...\\My Documents\SimCity 4\Regions\Downloads folder and use the game's Import function to get the same city back into the same place. This may take a bit of trial and error depending on how you do it. If you're not familiar with this process, let us know...

So you deleted your city, and now you want to get it back? Or do you mean that you deleted one city and now the entire region is gone?

If you want to remove a city's development and keep the land, you use the "obliterate" function, not the "delete city" function. Unless you have a backup, you will not be able to recover it... HOWEVER, if it is part of the Maxis region (or a map that you downloaded) you can get the land back by making a "dummy region" with only the map in it, copy the city tile in question to the "download" folder in your "keep it" region, and use the "import" function to move that city tile terrain back to your "keep it" map.. of course it will have no development.

Yes, it is important to distinguish between the in-city obliterate function which retains the terraforming and the in-region delete function.  I had occasion to use the delete function recently because I needed to get rid of some manual terraforming.  Works like gangbusters.