Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Blastman

No music?

I bought sim city 4 off of steam last week as I have recently gotten the urge to build cities.  I am having one weird problem though...  I can't get the music to play at all while building a city.  I mean the generic music that came with the game.  It will play when I preview it, but, it just won't build while in mayor mode making a city at all.  Ever.  I've played for three hours now and never heard any music.

I also have never been able to run a profit in a city either if that is anything to do with it?  How does the music play?  Is it constant or occasional like Sim City 2000?  Any ideas?  All I ever hear is noises of my city and wind blowing.  I have the music enabled box checked in options too.

Originally posted by: Mr_Blastman

I bought sim city 4 off of steam last week as I have recently gotten the urge to build cities.  I am having one weird problem though... How does the music play?  Is it constant or occasional like Sim City 2000?  Any ideas?  All I ever hear is noises of my city and wind blowing.  I have the music enabled box checked in options too.quote>

Once the region is opened, the music should be constant with only pauses between the different songs. Likewise when opening a city. I am not familiar with the Steam version of the game and don't know if the directory structure is the same, but if you open the C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Radio\Stations\Region folder, do you see a file named krgn.id? Likewise if you open the C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Radio\Stations\Mayor folder, do you have a file named kmay.id? Again, I don't know if Steam works the same, but I know that if these files aren't present in the regular game, the music doesn't start. Just a thought....

Nevermind, I fixed it!  Thanks for the tips man!

I opened up dos and using dos edit I created manually those two files and saved them as blank files in the places you indicated and viola!  It works!

Thanks man!  4.gif4.gif