Sign in to follow this  
rubiv2011

Simcity 4 Deluxe on Ipod

Hello, I'm new at this game. I would like to know which kind of files I can download from this site and that be used on my ipod. Thank you.

Well, none. I don't think any file can be downloaded/managed on an iPod, nor is Sim City 4 available on the App Store. Sorry.

And welcome to Simtropolis!

SimCity 4 is only for PC. I think there are however, versions for Nintendo DS. Though not technically SimCity 4, there are ways to play DS games on iPod, and there might be a change that there is an App for that.

There is SimCity Deluxe on the App Store, but it is more of a hybrid between the earlier incarnations of the SimCity series and SimCity 4. Personally, I have it on my iPod Touch and while the experience is different than playing SimCity 4, I still enjoy playing it.

There has been another thread on this.  IMHO is it a version of Micropolis which is publicly available for the computer for every kid program.  It is available on Linux, and I have played it.  The iPod version seems more updated from what little I have seen, but since an iPod doesn't have the necessary features, I think it would be impossible to manipulate its structure, therefore, no plugins, not even the NAM (which is mighty complicated but a boon to SimCity 4).  Calling the iPod verson SimCity 4 is a marketing ploy, and a travesty.