Sign in to follow this  
Totteti

roads and streets have holes in them

16 posts in this topic

My first post here.

I used to be quite good at Sim City 4, but now the roads have huge holes in them.

I have tried:

-maintenance up for roads.

-rebuilding on top of them.

None of this works, they keep coming back. Otherwise it was going alright.

What can it be?

THanks. /Totteti

Is there major congestion/volume on the roads? Maybe that negates the fact that the maintenence is high. I would first bulldoze the city, wait a while and rebuild it in the same place to see if the same thing happens. Then, try reducing traffic with bus stations and higher capacity roads, etc.

Are they really holes or heaps of garbage?  How's your garbage graph?

In a situation like this you need to look at all displays, including desirability.

Sounds to me like you've been playing with the municipal roads funding slider.  Underfunded roads get holey.  If you need more money seek another solution.

This reminds me of SC2000, where you had the option of lowering funding for roads but the adviser would scream at you if you touched it by even 1%. In SC4 it doesn't seem worth moving the slider; I mean, if your transport system seems expensive, you've probably got too many roads.

I have about a million roads in my large city now.. all broken :( I started to rebuild them, clicked on play and the holes came back (the funding slider is above line). Is there no mod for this problem? :cry:

I have about a million roads in my large city now.. all broken :( I started to rebuild them, clicked on play and the holes came back (the funding slider is above line). Is there no mod for this problem? :cry:

Sorry, this part of the game is hardcoded and not just it is nearly impossible to be modified, it is also illegal. Fund your roads to the maximum point, wait for few sim years, and the problem should be fixed. I'm not sure that bring your road fund back to normal after the roads are fixed is safe, though. So, don't cut the funding for roads another time, or you will regret this.