Sign in to follow this  
Manick2005

Commercial development completely stopped

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

In the current suburb city I am working on, I have no commercial demand anywhere except for C$$$ Offices, which is about as high as it can be.  Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with that, if it weren't for the fact that C$$$ offices won't even develop on my commercial zones.  So now, I basically have no commercial development at all, which is bad.  The only things other than that which have demand to develop, are low wealth residential, and hi-tech industry.  Anyone know why this is happening?  The desirability is high enough for the offices to develop where I zone them in.

Aside from the commercial development problem, what can I do to get more medium-high wealth residential development going?  

To get medium/high wealth residential, raise desirability with schools, hospitals, fire stations, police, etc. and lower taxes. Low traffic and pollution can't hurt either. Check the desirability map and try to raise it in certain areas and not zone in low desirable areas if possible.

As for the commercial problem, is there street/road connection in the zone and is the zone big enough? That's all I can think of to help.

Try dropping a medium plaza in the middle of the commercial zone.  Also, make sure you have your network set up so that Sims must pass by this zone.  The higher the traffic, the better.  Also, commercial zones hate pollution and like to have other amenities like fire stations and parks.  Try carving out some green space by dezoning some of it and planting trees on it.

Also, if you haven't, do something to get rid of any garbage.

Maybe you need an airport

Manick2005    0
  • Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: A Nonny Moose

Try dropping a medium plaza in the middle of the commercial zone.  Also, make sure you have your network set up so that Sims must pass by this zone.  The higher the traffic, the better.  Also, commercial zones hate pollution and like to have other amenities like fire stations and parks.  Try carving out some green space by dezoning some of it and planting trees on it.

Also, if you haven't, do something to get rid of any garbage.

quote>

Tried that, but since my desirability levels are already pretty much at their highest everywhere it didn't do anything.  Pollution is also way down since I have tons of trees planted everywhere, blocking most from reaching any non-industrial areas. 

There's not much traffic anywhere either since it's a suburb and low density spread across a fairly wide area.  But some areas may actually have higher traffic, but just very low congestion.

Last thing I tried was just zoning in more residential, trying to get them up to medium-wealth, and then I noticed some a fraction of my nearby commercial zones develop.  One thing that I noticed though is that I do have a significantly larger amount of jobs than I have citizens.  I guess if jobs aren't needed that may explain it.