Sign in to follow this  
Zeewolf

Developing of buildings in Cities XL 2011?

Hey there,

just have bought cities xl 2011 I was wondering if the buildings come up without any construction. The buildings apppear and there is no cranes, no people and you can not see how the building is made. Just wondering because this was one of the features which make SC4 realistic.

And for this I want to know if the first buildings get any development in the time. Is there any growing up to recognize there?

Thanks for your help.

Zeewolf

No, normal buildings don't "develpop".

However, you'll see many construction stages when you build megastructures. 

Hmm, ok so seems to be a little bit strange when a building appears without construction or? So for example I open a residential area, the first buildings appear there, these buildings will get no development during the time. They always have the same Design?

This is not Sim City, Zeewolf. Buildings don't develop visually here. They develop functionally, though - all businesses and industry have profits that could improve or worsen depending on conditions, and the taxes the city gets depend on profits.

And if you think it's 'strange' and 'unrealistic', I urge you to think of how much processing power will require a fully 3d city of 5 milion with cranes building everywhere all the time.

Some thinks are simply not realistic, even as it is the game is a resource monster.