Sign in to follow this  
runnerguy347

Map Question

Hi,

I was wondering if you all could help me. I'm relatively new to playing the game, and have been cruising around the forums for a month or two.

I'm very impressed with the way you guys and gals create such realistic cities, and I was wondering if anyone has any map suggestions, beside the default maxis ones?

I really want a large map that I can play on for awhile, with plenty of Mountains and some relatively flat areas for city building.

I'm no expert at map drawing, so I figured I'd ask around.

Thanks,

Jake

Well, why not go to the STEX and browse through the maps area.  There are tons of them and you can download and render them pretty easily.  I do recommend that you look at the maps section of the Omnibus if you haven't, it has a lot of information you will need to make your regions.

If you want one to play with, you could try Nonnyland, which is one of mine that contains only one large tile.  I think it has everything, and would make a good one to practice on.

On the other hand, if you open the STEX and click on Simcity4, them Maps you get the general list.

EDIT: Nearly forgot.  You should do something with your signature.  All that HTML or whatever it is, doesn't work with this forum software, so you probably should rethink what you need there.