Sign in to follow this  
Psychoshamoo

Weird Region Bug

6 posts in this topic

This bug is rather spontaneous, it creates a weird gap on the south side of a city block. I have created brand new regions using my default graphics settings, and the entire map looks like this. In the most recent case saving cities causes the bug, as illustrated in the screenshot below. I tried the fix of switching to 800x600 while creating regions and that actually ended up working, but I would much rather not have to do that while playing the game as well. When I actually go into the cities though they look totally fine.

Sim City 4 version: Deluxe (bought it on Steam but have had the Deluxe Edition for years, was just tired of using a CD)

System Specs: Intel i7 930 Overclocked to 4.0ghz

6gb ram

Nvidia 460 GTX SLI

Installed mods: NAM, although this problem existed even before I downloaded that.

regionbug.jpg

I think it is actually if you render with resolution higher than 1200 px vertical.  Set your resolution to 1200pc vertical, load the game, do a save on any city, and close it.  Should fix it when you return to the other resolution,  If not, it is harmless, if a little unsightly.

This happens with 1600x1200, and when I do the custom resolution to match my monitor, 1920x1200. I did -r1680x1050x32 -CustomResolution:enabled and there seems to be no problem, plus the game isn't monstroustly huge, so I can deal with it. Thanks for the help!