Sign in to follow this  
packersfan

Happy New Years

We still have about 12 ours to go on this side of the date line, but thank you. 

We will now transition from MMX to MMXI.  Reading Roman numeral dates has been a lot simpler since we went from MCMXCIX to MM.  I noticed that the movie guys still use these dates on their copyrights.  I wonder if there is a reason in law?

One of the exercises I used to give programming classes was to write a converter for Roman to Arabic and back.  For many of them, it required a trip to the library.

Vacationing in Singapore, I was able to celebrate a bit early this year. Happy New Year to everyone! 39.gif

168465_1721344508452_1083480219_31781707

Well, Happy New year, at last.  I hope eveeryone has a safe and prosperous year.

Today, being Saturday, is my day in the Laundry, and it is running as I type.  Life goes on, eh?

Happy new year (18 hours and 21 minutes too late), and another obligatory traditional "joke":

"So, how was this year's Christmas presents?"

Happy new year 2011 to all simtropolians!!! I'm a bit late because I haven't had the chance to get a device connected to the Internet until now...

Originally posted by: nathanthemayor

Happy new decade!!!Actually, this is the end of a decade and the start of a new one.quote>

Actually, 2010 was the first year in this decade, and 2009 the last one in the previous one. So you're one year too late. 2.gif