Sign in to follow this  
Timewarptrio

Fixing Demand

I have a problem with my Industrial demand. I want High Tech industry, and that alone. Is there a way that I can have only high tech industry, without making taxes too high? Also, is manufacturing industry all that bad, pollution and desirability-wise?

RCI Demand and Taxes

Hi-tech industry requires well educated workers, so until you have those don't even try to get I-HT. When you do this, place the I-HT WELL AWAY from I-D and I-M because of the pollution.

As for your second question, I-M does produce a good amount of pollution, but not as much as I-D.

Yah just max out their taxes. That is what I do. You might get one or two dirty operations to pop up, but that's what the bulldozer is for 4.gif. They learn their lesson quickly

So... 1. Make taxes for HT industry lower and taxes for dirty and manufacturing higher

2. Clean Air Ordinance(lowers dirty demand)

3. Build advanced research center and rocket launch post

4. You will need big, well educated city(about 50.000 inhabitants), to have big areas of HT developed. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by: Timewarptrio

I had an Advanced Research Center, but what are the requirements for the space shuttle?quote>

Open your rewards menu and place your cursor on it.  It will tell you the requirements.  A new maxim for you, "When in doubt, ask the machine first."

And don't be shy about setting taxes to 20% if you want to shut something out.  You get a (temporary) increase in icome too.