Sign in to follow this  
Li Xiao Long

Hi everyone...

I am pretty new in this whole Sim City 4 building thing... ???????? I am a complete newbie. But I have to say I am stunned by what you guys are doing. All the Models of Asian Buildings and your creations are simply amazing.

I just started to use BAT Gmax and I find it so hard to produce anything useful. I never imagined it would take so much effort and time to make a building for Sim City... So all thumbs up for you guys.

I am fastinated by your asian concepts and I would like to do stuff by myself. Maybe anyone has any useful advice, or knows whom I can ask if I have some questions. Remember I have no idea about anything...

I want to start with something big, and since there is not much stuff from Taipei, I???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

??????????

hmmm something went wrong there...

corrected:

I want to start with something big, and since there is not much stuff from Taipei, I decided to make the Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Tower, the second highest building in Taipei. Any suggestions? ????

Thank you

Ni Hao!  "Bruce the little dragon" , If you start, the best you can do is, first to learn the tool you are using, if not you will be very quickly  limited in your batting due to lack of technic! There is a very good tutorial here for batters  who start to use Gmax, and the best you can do is to follow and execute step by step this tutorial! If you don't do that , you might get frustration to not be able to bat what you want and give up...! Good luck!44.gif

The link:

http://www.simtropolis.com/omnibus/index.cfm/Main.SimCity_4.Custom_Content.BAT_Essentials_Page_One

Absolutely right. Start small, learn the basic skills, and when you have mastered them, you are ready to apply them to something bigger and more ambitious. I know it is tempting to make that one spectacular building that's most impressive for you, but this can become frustrating if you don't have the skills to doit justice. I recommend to keep this as a long-term plan and focus on some preparatory work first.

Another aspect to bear in mind is that gmax is rather limited and slow, so depending on the specs of your computer, you might even find out that buildings beyond a certain size are out of question. You'll find it out as you proceed, but in any case it's always better to model something small and get bigger than to start with a huge building only to find out that you cannot finish it because you lack the skills - or a computer that's powerful enough.