Sign in to follow this  
Old Nick

Gnarview

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

I've recently installed simtropolis and still had all the original download files of numerous BATs and mods. Having to wait a whilte to actually play the game, I forgot about maps, and just went into the first one that loaded.

Gnarview!

Such a small region and easy to play, yet enough to room to really grow.

gnarviewregionone.jpg

As you can see, it's not fully developed. A bustling city lies just north of an industrial region, surrounded by the farming commuinty and the Gnarly Cannel. Development in the northern region of Gnarview is going to to be fun.

Notable mods are NAM, Cycledogg, and the cap growth one. Even with a city of 20.000, it's hard for me to get apartments. Though the relief needs go far.

The next updates will consist of close ups on each district, giving time for the development in the north.

Old Nick    0
  • Original Poster
  • District One: The Mainstay

gnarviewdistrictone.jpg

Powered by the sun and wind, a political powerhouse in the region. So far. Up to 21,000 residents, work is in demand! The center of the city lies the community college. The wealthy are very rare here. High tech industries have started to pop up along with advanced farming. (Thanks to the creator(s))

gnarviewdistrictcbd.jpg

Traffic volume generates enough commerve for the businesses to thrive. Couple with the local city hall and the community college, the atmosphere is filled with optimism and youth.

gnarviewdistrictfarmapa.jpg

With enough houses for everyone to live in, more and more apartments are rising up. Cheap and effective, yet well maintained provide the perfect housing for young adults who haven't build up their careers yet. The addition of being so close to work is an added benefit to not needing cars.

gnarviewdistrictfarmchu.jpg

The church of the city lies on the outskirts of the farming community. A small sky farm, with plenty of land provide enough food for the entire district. The police station was added after enough farmers noticed young kids kept coming back and causing havoc.

gnarviewdistricthousing.jpg

Between all these areas lie the vast majority of the district itself. Most of the residents have very little grass to tend to, as developers crammed in as many houses as they could. Traffic along the roads is high and generates mild traffic noise, though congestion is very minimal.

Looking great so far! I'm also currently developing Fairview (but in a less grungy style.)  Great to see someone else doing it.  I'm getting a kick out of the similarities in the placing of cities and highways.  It's really an underappreciated region, and I bet it's the least used one by far.  I like how it's small because it makes building it up a bit faster.  Keep up the good work!

(Pssst--you haven't really asked for suggestions, but I'd like to make a few: I also use a terrain mod that's similar to cycledogg's Columbus, but for maximum effect, I also use his trees.  They go really well together.  Also, I use to think that the MPK was the most awesome-looking parking set I'd ever seen, until I saw the ones by Hooha47.  The RHW has amazingly realistic highways, too.  I think your region is great as it is; these are all just suggestions.)