Sign in to follow this  
Dirktator

The 8th Annual Simtropolis Trixie Award Winners!

Another splendid year, and a terrific turn-out!  Thanks again to everyone who took the time to nominate a fellow Simtropolian ... and then took the time to nominate again, and again, and again... You guys did great.  

Congratulations to all the winners this year, please make your acceptance speeches below!  (Just remember, when the conductor raises his baton, it's time to wrap it up!  4.gif)

Have a good one, everybody, we'll do it again next year!

Hey congrats to all the winners! You all definitely deserved them. 39.gif 

Oh and I noticed by some glitch my name appeared on some of the nominees. 41.gif lol Thanks to those who did9.gif

Forgot some more remarks...

First off,

Best. Christmas. Present. Ever. 

Secondly,

I think I'll keep publishing Duwamish, but focusing on a certain little town...with a newspaper made of actual paper.

Cheers!

trixie2010.png

On behalf of the Alliance of International Football Federations (AIFF) and the SFL, i gladly accept my trixie! I couldn't of ran these leagues without the help my fellow COFR members, Tyler (TylerD30), Bruce (Computerguy), and Jon. Thank you ST for this great honor!

Congrads to everyone who won, and to those who diden't just keep doing what you do best and people will notice.

Lots of intresting custom awards this year, glad a lot of new people won, thank you for the voting, and for being such a great community to be a part of.

Also hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Larks

You dastardly HKABT people! You win again this time! Next year... oooh, you better watch out! You are gonna get it big time. The BSP will show you how it's done! 11.gif

Seriously though, you guys have all but a few of the most talented BATers in this community! How can this little 3 man team compete? Really wonderful work gentlemen! Hat's off to you! 44.gif

A hearty congratulations to all of my BAT comrades for a year well modeled; meeting the demands of the hungry STEX goers. The STEX saw some really outstanding products this year, I have seen so many people improve, and we have more new BATers taking the plunge!

As for my awards... Thank you all so much! I figured I'd get the industrial one, maybe something about pre-war or maybe recreation... But STEX community Favorite? Really? Never in my wildest dreams did I think you folks actually liked my dirt caked commieblocks or monstrous warehouses. I practically live in BAT open discussion and in the STEX comments area, its nice to know that someone appreciates what I do 2.gif

Congratulations everyone!

Seriously, who came up with the "Under the Wire BAT Award"... I must admit I lol'd at that one! I didn't time that to coincide with the end of nominations... no... not at all. I would never do that... 3.gif

On behalf of the HKABT, I'd like to say thanks again for all your support in winning favourite BAT team. It is my honest opinion that it should have gone to the BSP this year (who did some absolutely mind-blowing stuff) but I won't pretend I'm not grateful to see it with us for another year. Thanks!

And... I'm also very proud to say that each and every single one of my 7 nominations contributed to the nominee winning an award (I should get down to the races of something!)... so congrats guys, you all really deserve it! Paul, winning both BAT of the Year and Best Re-Creation for a single release, couldn't ask for better could ya? And Amthaak, congrats on becoming the first person to ever have a BAT that's so damn good it doesn't even need to be released to get a Trixie. Good stuff mate!

Anyway, congratulations to everybody that won, and more importantly, thanks to those who spent ridiculous amounts of time counting and sorting and reading and writing and coding and all the rest so we could all enjoy this. Cheers.

Wow...

The 2010 winners this year make up an extraordinary list, it's fantastic that so many different people won!

I am very thankful for ST and humbled by the "Friendliest Chatter" award...thanks so much to everyone, especially in chat.

It's really an honor to be part of such an extraordinary and unique community! 4.gif 

Edit: And I suppose I have to reluctantly thank AT&T for my internet..... 3.gif

I don't want to get all sappy on everyone...but I'd like to thank Meg especially. Very few of you probably knows this, but in September 2009, I was banned permanently for having a clone....(which today is accetable in chat 3.gif ). Meg agreed to give me one more chance if I promised to behave....and....I kept my end of the bargain, so thanks a lot Meg! 4.gif 

DC

So I log into Simtropolis during a Christmas party and I find that I won "Most Important Modding Discovery," eh? Guess this is my Christmas present. Anyways, I'd like to thank my mom, and my dad, and my sister, and my brother, and my cousin twice removed, and my grandmother, and all the chat regulars, oh, oh, and chatbot. Definitely chatbot. 19.gif

First of all, I must say: nice touch on the reveal animation. Flashy!

Second of all, I am pleased to see that both of my ad hoc noms went through when, to be honest, I wasn't expecting either of them to.

(it is left as an exercise to the reader to try and guess which two were mine)

On my own awards....

I'm begninng to think I own the "most active non-SC4 member" Trixie. 3.gif Not too many people can say they've won the same award three years in a row. An achievement, I suppose, but I'd really love to see someone give me some serious competition. Being a shoe-in is boring!

And as for the stat stuff, well, glad to know someone appreciates it! Most people I throw stats at in real life get bored and ignore me. 21.gif

One final note: as in previous years.... team leaders (NAM, NYBT, HKABT, SimMars), could you please send your member lists to me as well as to the administration? I needs to know who to look for awards on!

...which I can't do yet, because we've gone with the delaying the icons thing.

Well, that's for the best, I suppose. I should go to bed so I'm available for Christmas tomorrow morning and all that. 3.gif

Good night, Simtropolis, and Thank You!

EDIT: and just as I say that, the icons start showing up. Oh boy, long night, here we go...

Congrats to everyone who won, and thank you for my award... I need to go clean the soil out from underneath my fingernails 2.gif.

I hope everyone is happy with the results this year... we had a lot of fun going through the nominations!

Merry Christmas!

I'd like to thank the Nobel Committee... wait... wrong speech... what's this one for? Trixies? That's even better!

Thank you to all those who nominated me for the various awards! It's a wonderful Christmas present.

Ooh, the band's starting up... aw, nice choice of speech-ending music for me, even if I do say so myself.

I guess everyone had forgotten about my newspapers by the time nominations rolled around, which would explain i wasn't even nominated. 3.gif

Congrats to everyone, and I actually am shocked I beat the Zelgamyster himself for Best Science Fiction CJ.

Originally posted by: Archean

I guess everyone had forgotten about my newspapers by the time nominations rolled around, which would explain i wasn't even nominated.

Congrats to everyone, and I actually am shocked I beat the Zelgamyster himself for Best Science Fiction CJ.quote>

Heh.  You notice that A) I wasn't even nomintated for that category and even if I were, B) I don't run a sci-fi CJ anymore.  3.gif

You did beat out some very worthy competitors, so congrats on the acheivement!

As for my Best Story, I'd like to thank my evil bunny army...

ISF

Wow, what an honor to win the Best SC4 Journal Award! I laughed when I saw the Oscar Mayer Winner one! Thanks everybody for the noms and congratulations to all the winners! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 4.gif

Do you get a medal for runner up in a category? Also, I got runner up for the mosaic category but my name isn't listed as a nominee. Why is that?

I've run out of movie speeches to rip off of, so you'll all just have to settle for me saying, Thanks everybody for the noms! And congrats to everyone who won Trixies! Don't stab yourself with them when they're put into you're badgy thingy!

First of all, congratulations to all the winners! 39.gif

And thanks to you, ST for not one, but two presents under the trixie tree! I didn't expect any but certainly not for my cj. There are so many great cjs here that I'm truly honored that Tuscarora caught some attention.

Also, am I to suspect that some of you have been tailing me... rakes in hand? I guess I better stay on my toes. 41.gif

Thanks to all! ST is a truly unique community and I'm glad to be a part of it! 44.gif

Originally posted by: Archean

I guess everyone had forgotten about my newspapers by the time nominations rolled around, which would explain i wasn't even nominated. quote>

Its a good thing too, or else I would have had some real competition! 3.gif

Wow. I've needed to click twice on the "card" because I couldn't believe I could ever win a Trixie for my CJ. What a Christmas present, guys... It's been worth to get up before 8:00 in the morning just to get it. Thank you VERY much, guys!

I couldn't leave without saying thank you (once again) to the regulars of my CJ, without their support I wouldn't be here now; and to all the creators of the custom content I use (Glenni, SimHoTToDDy, El Burro...). A big part of this Trixie is also yours!

Congrads to all the winners! 8)

For the 2nd year in a row, I got 2 runner ups (Best CXL City Journal again, CXL Reference Master) . Surprised people could remember my Rooleyson journal (which I can't continue due to compatibility issues with CXL 2011), maybe next year I might get the "We miss you, come back" award. 3.gif Anyway, those who won deserved it, congrads guys, and to all like me who were so close at 2nd place.