Sign in to follow this  
Cp

sc4 keeps crashing

Cp    0

Hello everyone,  I just purchased sc4 though direct 2 drive.  after downloading it and installing it I get it to load but it won't get past the ea logo screen.  anyone having this problem and is there any work around on this?

forgot to menton  there is no plugins and I am using the following system

amd althlon fx 2.6ghz durl core
4ghz of ram
windows 7 64

hopfully its enough its to start on

After you did your installation and registered your program with the EA site, did you do the necessary update?  Since you didn't say which version of the game you bought, it is imipossible for us to advise you on which update to use.

The program usually runs fine on W7.  What kind of graphics processor do you have?  Make sure that all of its settings are turned off or set to "application selected" or equivalent.  SC4 does not even use anti-aliasing, and these options blow its mind.

I assume you have 4GB of RAM and not four billion cycles per second of RAM.

Cp    0

the graphic precesor is a geforce 7600gt in sli mode.  I know its not a OS issue because I have tried it on xp on the same machine and had the same issue.  I am begining to think it could be the latest nvidia driver.  (at this post its 260.99) I also tried this on my big machine and plays with no issues.  the direct 2 drive verison comes with the updates (1.1 I think) .  I also have the cd verison of this and tried this and does the same thing.  back to the driver thing can something confirm on the latest driver is a issue?

It is very likely your sound drivers are not loaded.  SC4 will not run without sound.

Also, make sure you have the updates appropriate to your version from the EA site.

Which version of SC4 are you running?