Sign in to follow this  
Manick2005

Any mods that offer more variety for developments?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Sometimes when I zone in new areas, weather it be residential, commercial, or industrial, all of the buildings together will just develop into the exact same type of house/building like in this SS.  Is there any mod that gives more randomness to that?  I'd like to see more variety of buildings in my neighborhoods or else it just looks too boring.

16227041.th.jpg

Also, does anyone know what the heck those big boxes are in the middle of my roads? 

they're called brown boxes, which means you're missing a dependency. from the look of it, i think your missing files for the street tree mod.....the trick i use for variety (though it can be tedious) is to make all the lots historical and then bulldoze the ones that repeat too much...but there are many things that affect what develops.. stage limits, demand, job availability, so i dont think there is a mod that can alter development.

Manick2005    0
  • Original Poster
  • How can I figure out what I am missing dependencies for?  I could have sworn that I already got all of the dependencies that I needed...  There aren't dependencies for dependencies are there? 

Z77    3

The only way to add more variety is to either, like kolnikov inc said, Delete the repetitive buildings, or add more mods to the game.

Manick2005    0
  • Original Poster
  • I've been adding individual mods/buildings from a large number of downloads from here, but I was going to try to shoot for a consistent theme when picking them out which is taking a lot of browsing. Some of the CJ's I've looked at had a very consistent theme going on with a lot of their custom buildings, so I imagine they were very selective on which mods they downloaded and installed, picking only the ones that fit the theme of their city. That, or is it possible that there are mod packs available for download out there which include a large variety of custom buildings that all share the same theme?