Sign in to follow this  
WeBuiltThisCityOnSimCity

Underground monorail system?

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm not sure this would be feasible. What would be the difference between this and the subway system? It might be possible to make a monorail to subway transition piece, though.

Agree, to be honest it really isn't necessary in the game to separate "underground monorail" and subway. If you wanna do a CJ then you could mention that it is a underground monorail while building a monorail/GLR to subway transition. Who would know if it's a subway or a underground monorail?

Well, if you actually want to use monorail, you could do the inverse of that (a long tunnel that you could zone on. You will have to improvise if you want an "underground monorail", as you cannot just add a new network to the game.

Yes, I think he is. And you technically you can add networks to the game....(High Speed Rail, Bullet Train Mod). I think ultimately they would have to function as an existing network, but it would work like that. High Speed Rail is essentially monorail, if I am correct, and GLR is essentially EL Rail in terms of functionality. 

Underground Rail is puzzle pieces, so essentially you could make a bunch of puzzle pieces for "underground monorail", but it would be a lot of work for a project without much interest. 

Maybe draw up some specifics and take it over to the NAM: Requests thread and see what the NAM experts have to say about it...

HSR and GLR aren't new networks, they are just retextures of existing ones. But since subways are underground, you can't retexture them since you can't really see them very well.

Originally posted by: the00guvna

HSR and GLR aren't new networks, they are just retextures of existing ones. But since subways are underground, you can't retexture them since you can't really see them very well.quote>

Like I said, "I think ultimately they would have to function as an existing network"

But they are a new network eyecandy wise.

the00guvna brought up a good point about the underground monorail. Unless you were to make a connector piece to regular monorail, underground monorail is essentially useless in terms of what you see.