Sign in to follow this  
Manick2005

NWM not working and fire trucks unable to pass under monorails?

I recently downloaded NAM, NWM, and a couple of other network related mods, and when I try to use the NWM mods ingame, my roads just disappear...  Also, my firetrucks for some reason are unable to pass underneath monorails and I have no idea why.

Are you sure you don't have any other mods that conflict with the NAM? Perhaps you installed the NAM before and forgot about it?

Also, what side of the road do your sims drive on without the NAM, Left or Right? When you install the NAM, you have to install the drive side version that corresponds to the drive side of your default game (You have to install the Left Side Drive component of the NAM if your sims drive on the left side of the road).

Check your game and plugins folder and try a reinstall. This should help fix problems involving crossings between networks.

Uninstalled/Reinstalled NAM, this time with left side drive, and now the game won't even launch.  Screen just goes black but before it loads the EA logo it just closes the game.  

Do you have the Rush Hour Expansion pack or SC4 Deluxe?  Either one of those is required in order to use the NAM.  Just plain SC4 will not work and the game will crash if you attempt to use the NAM with it.

-Alex (Tarkus)

You should wait until you've determined the drive side before reinstalling the NAM.

Also, make sure any NAM plugins including the NWM are uninstalled as well, since they also have their own settings for the drive side.

To be absolutely certain that the NAM was uninstalled correctly, go into your plugins folder and manually delete the folder containing the NAM.