Sign in to follow this  
hunter349

Government Mod

I have an idea for a adding A Government Mod to Cities XL 2011.

I have some experience with programming and was wondering if anyone could help me out with were to start out for making this mod. I am really at square one right now I'm not sure what programs to use or even what language it is written in.

(most of the changes would add an extra dimension of difficuly to the game)

Some things I think would be cool in the Government Mod would be:

#1, Add city employee retirement (pension). It would bee like taxes but in reverse. You would have to pay out benefits to employees that have worked in a city services job for at least a certain number of turns. You would then have to pay out those benefits for a specific number of turns to each person. You would be able to adjust the amount o benefits you pay out like the taxes you take in. The more you pay out it increases satisfaction a little and the less you pay out it decreases satsfaction a little.

#2,  It might be too difficult but adding a faction system where some people prefer wind power over traditional electricity or the other way around. The amount of taxes you receive could go down a little from people less happy with things and go up with people more happy. Some citizens could actually move away if they are unhappy and at a very small rate the ammount of people who like the industries you set up could increase. This giving you an incentive to not drastically change your industry type because people get upset at drastic change and you recieve less in taxes.

Those are a couple ideas, I think the government benefits one would not be too dificult to implement because it needs very minimal graphics and works much in the same way as what is already in the game.

If you have any ideas or could provide any help pointing me in the right direction that would be great. Also if you think you may know how to add things like this that would be great also.

First, we have got a thread for requests like this.

Then, all moddable functions are lua scripts, and such a mod needs new dedicated panels and a whole new simulation system...