• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

About our affiliation with GOG.com   05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
skinnybones111

show us your most scenic highways

126 posts in this topic

Time to bump this thread. I have something to post

Here's a highway that stretches alongside a river in one of my regions. This section is between the interchange(Top) and a bridge just to the bottom of this photo. The highway used to tunnel through the mountain before I upgraded this section to 6 lanes

scenichighway.jpg

@47ply: Another beautiful picture! It would be perfect if the bridge ramp was less bumpy. Are you using a slope mod? If so, you could smoothen the ramp by dragging a heavily slope-restricted network (could be rail or monorail, depending on your slope mod) from the top of the ramp towards the bottom and then bulldozing this netwok and dragging road/avenue over the freshly smoothened ramp. )

@__B: Wow, that looks pretty realistic considering how steep those mountains are! I know it's very hard to make good-looking serpentines, and tbh I'm yet to achiece a result that I'd call "satisfactory" myself. :lol: Together with that lookout point, it reminds me a bit of Iceland. :) Should look great once it's all dressed up with flora and rocks etc.

@__B: Wow, that looks pretty realistic considering how steep those mountains are! I know it's very hard to make good-looking serpentines, and tbh I'm yet to achiece a result that I'd call "satisfactory" myself. :lol: Together with that lookout point, it reminds me a bit of Iceland. :) Should look great once it's all dressed up with flora and rocks etc.

Thank you! Believe me, it was a pain to build. Took me almost two hours to get an acceptable look. I guess I wanted that driver's paradise appearance too bad to quit. Also, don't worry. The mmps are coming. I just wish there was an evergreen tree controller. :lol:

10 hours ago, Dragonxander said:

And here we meet again with a lovely winding road through the forested slopes!  This one will be the last teaser I'll put out for my big project I'll formally reveal in 2016:

Nice - looking forward to seeing a scenic highway pass through the mountains, at least that's my guess ;)