• Announcements

• Dirktator

An appeal for your support: Help us keep the STEX up and running   11/06/2015

Hi Community, this is a public appeal for help to keep the STEX up and running! We currently need your help to offset some of our operational costs and upgrades! As you know, we've always relied on community donations to help keep the website running. And while all our admins and moderators volunteer their time to managing the site and community, we do have modest expenses that we need to cover each month which includes our server hosting fees, software and support licenses, etc. So lately, we've experienced a slump with donations and we're beginning to feel the pinch! We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated the last couple weeks -- we really appreciate it!
    • Dirktator

Updates in progress... Please stand by...   01/22/2016

We're still in the middle of updating things, please bear with us! Some things may appear strange or not quite working right - we're working on it!
skinnybones111

show us your most scenic highways

123 posts in this topic

Sorry for bumping and double posting.....

Here's a 4-lane highway in a region of mine which starts at sea level and climbs high into the mountains...

scenic1.jpg

scenic2.jpg

8 people like this

I don't think double posting with a year gap is a problem

Almost two, in fact. Beautiful highway, too!

Highway curves

Click for full size.

bitjknmap.png

2 people like this

Highway curves

Click for full size.

bitjknmap.png

Is that recent? I didn't think you used Maxis Highway. :P

The last MHW I built was in 2010. This is it.

I know I posted this before in the other highway thread but I guess this qualifies as scenic:

tumblr_mx6mqmuiu61rcw94uo1_1280.jpg

3 people like this

Nice work Yoshi! :D

Is that a NAM bridge or did you download that somewhere?

Time to bump this thread. I have something to post

Here's a highway that stretches alongside a river in one of my regions. This section is between the interchange(Top) and a bridge just to the bottom of this photo. The highway used to tunnel through the mountain before I upgraded this section to 6 lanes

scenichighway.jpg

4 people like this

Beautiful highway, but you need a tree controller. :P

1 person likes this

...and a rock mod!  :D

1 person likes this

3X8BI24.png
5 people like this

Maricopa State Highway 96, or Tucker Mountain Pass. This world famous 8 mile mountain pass used to be the main connection between Monte Christiano and Playa D'Ariana until the I-43 was built around the mountains. Nowadays mainly utilized by touring busses and sports cars, it's so dangerous it's closed off entirely between October and April each year.

6f7c0b782a.jpg

Edited by __B
9 people like this

Does Martian highways count?

Faith-3-19Sep1331308922805.jpg

4 people like this

Why would they not? :)

You would drive on the martian highway and see sand dunes, rocks, mountains, rock arches...

@47ply: Another beautiful picture! It would be perfect if the bridge ramp was less bumpy. Are you using a slope mod? If so, you could smoothen the ramp by dragging a heavily slope-restricted network (could be rail or monorail, depending on your slope mod) from the top of the ramp towards the bottom and then bulldozing this netwok and dragging road/avenue over the freshly smoothened ramp. )

@__B: Wow, that looks pretty realistic considering how steep those mountains are! I know it's very hard to make good-looking serpentines, and tbh I'm yet to achiece a result that I'd call "satisfactory" myself. :lol: Together with that lookout point, it reminds me a bit of Iceland. :) Should look great once it's all dressed up with flora and rocks etc.

@__B: Wow, that looks pretty realistic considering how steep those mountains are! I know it's very hard to make good-looking serpentines, and tbh I'm yet to achiece a result that I'd call "satisfactory" myself. :lol: Together with that lookout point, it reminds me a bit of Iceland. :) Should look great once it's all dressed up with flora and rocks etc.

Thank you! Believe me, it was a pain to build. Took me almost two hours to get an acceptable look. I guess I wanted that driver's paradise appearance too bad to quit. Also, don't worry. The mmps are coming. I just wish there was an evergreen tree controller. :lol:

Nice work guys!

Here's Lafield pass.

QyhQK9q.jpg

Later twinned:

CKZRt9F.jpg

Region transport view:

P2uEiXx.png

4 people like this

RHW-2 approaching a bridge...

23854705105_06fbaa8f1b_o.png

Another view...

23558965240_6bb511d34e_o.png

10 people like this

It's a close-up picture yes but the two roads are actually part of the Faverdale Bypass. When I have finished I will show a lot more.

Oqplzv.jpg

12 people like this

I was feeling bored and decided to just make the kind of coast road I'd like to drive along. Long straights, sweeping corners, beautiful landscape and a close zoom because it's the only way to fit all of what I have. I'll extend it if anyone wants me to. :)

da6642babf.jpg

7 people like this

And here we meet again with a lovely winding road through the forested slopes!  This one will be the last teaser I'll put out for my big project I'll formally reveal in 2016:

Drakensberg%20Arriba%2002%20ruta%20panor

7 people like this

10 hours ago, Dragonxander said:

And here we meet again with a lovely winding road through the forested slopes!  This one will be the last teaser I'll put out for my big project I'll formally reveal in 2016:

Nice - looking forward to seeing a scenic highway pass through the mountains, at least that's my guess ;)

And this, I think, is my most scenic highway ever!!  It's part of a still unrevealed town of a region, which'll be featured in future city journal entries:

Gianfar%2001%20Curva%20del%20Cisne.jpg

9 people like this

Wow. I just love how that road curves up the mountains, and I especially like that hairpin turn!

Here's part of a much longer scenic highway

0Zry0Hm.jpg

6 people like this

MEFavxH.jpg

2 people like this

Some winding mountain roads.

OFXeQZO.jpg

11 people like this