Aaron Graham's NYBT Residential Thread

2,283 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Aaron Graham's NYBT Residential Thread

Hey everyone, this is were I will be making my NYBT Residential Bats at, like the Aaron Graham's BAT Thread, Im in to making residential buildings, why because I feel that there is not enough of residential building to support the commercial buildings in Sim City4.

newyorkcityapartments.jpg

Edited by Aaron Graham

Posted

Wow that looks great! You might want to darken the stairs some. I would imagine that they're painted the same color as the building in RL, but they should look more weathered than they do right now. Maybe rusted in some places or something, just play around with it some and see what looks good. Other than that I can't think of anything, it looks pretty good.

Posted

YAY! AARON IS BATING! 9.gif

I love it so far Aaron, it's coming along beautifully. I second Paul's suggestion. 4.gif The roof texture is great, and so are the walls.

Posted

By the looks of the side walls, this will be W2W, right?

Yeah, the textures on the walls and roof look great! But being an apartment building, I think there should be more roof junk. Or a roof garden?

Posted

Originally posted by: citiesxlfan42

By the looks of the side walls, this will be W2W, right?

Yeah, the textures on the walls and roof look great! But being an apartment building, I think there should be more roof junk. Or a roof garden?quote>

I tried to make it like the RL image., there only so much I can put on the roof.

Thanks sgt pepper it worked4.gif

Timpson PL Row

I have change a tiny bit, but Im ready to export. One thing I have made three version of this type of apartment building, so the textures will be the same excap the roof.

North

timpsonplrowimage01.jpg

South

timpsonplrowimage02.jpg

Posted

Looks great Aaron, and I can't wait to download it. 4.gif

Posted

Are there working nightlights? The Daytime shots look incredible.

Posted

Sgt Pepper- Thank you, and I can't wait till I get the Timpson Pl Row uploaded19.gif

mben92- I have not put the night lights on it yet, Once I get the 3rd building textured I will put night lights on it5.gif

Timpson PL Row

I did some more changes to the Timpson PL Row.

timpsonplrowimage09.jpg

timpsonplrowimage07s.jpg

Posted

Timpson PL Row

Here it goe sthe night light, I have thought that I need to make a chage in the way I do the night lights on my apartments. I hope you like it.

timpsonplrowimage10.jpg

timpsonplrowimage08.jpg

Posted

Aaron it looks great but I think you forgot to show the nightshots that I guess you were about to post. 3.gif There's only the day ones in your posts.

Posted

Yes, I did Forget.

Update.

A Question, does my Images look blury??? Because Im have a problem to have them to to look good as the second post.

Posted

Whoa! The night view is looking great so far Aaron! And no, your images don't look blurry.

Posted

hey Aron, I ve seen that you re using the things I made for the NYBT logo. 9.gif but is it a good idea alhtough the Kelismatic logo has been chosen? 4.gif

You're making a awsome residential building. Can't wait to have this on the STEX 9.gif

Posted

You might want to make your texture less "washed out" and desasturated before uploading, though.

Posted

wow! looks nice and very realistic! but after some time i lost you.. whats going on with them, are you making any other buildings, anyway i like your residential buildings very much, you are excellent at making building like these and other like graham apartments and other stuff you have uploaded!

Posted

AlexandrosB13 - I'm not working on anything new, right now I'm having a computer problem and I wish I can fix it, I wan to restore my desktop computer back to factory settings but I can't because I have a lot of stuff I want to keep and I don't want it to be deleted, I want an external hard drive but I down have the money, alI can do right now is to pray and hope for the best. When I fix this problem on my computer I will upload the Timpson PL Row Apartments and Graham Apartments version 2.

Posted

I'm praying for your computer to see your great stuff on the stex brother!

Posted

fabricio83tst- Thank you.

I have reinstall the game and gmax. I have made a box in GMAX and exported it and this is my problem. I have two lines on the model, I have exported the Graham apartments again and it had the same thing so I but I have deleted it. Its making me mad really mad.

boxp.jpg

Posted

Those might just be seams between the fsh pieces (or how ever one should say it). The renders of your building are chopped up into pieces of a particular size, lets just say 200px, so that all of the pieces are the same size if you have something really huge. These pieces are then pasted back over the 3d LODs of the building and theses seams show where the pieces come together.

If you want to double check, open the file in ilive's reader and see if the lines are present on any of the fsh images. If they are, then you have an issue, if not, then it is probably the harmless "problem" mentioned above. The usually go away when placed in game or the next time the model is loaded in game.

Posted

I have gotting my in game night lights to work, and heres the image of the Graham Apartments and the Timpson PL Row. I using the Sim Fox dark night mod and when I was talking about the Graham Apartments has like a glow look, you can see it her on the picture below. I have for got to put a light omni in the model sene, so for you guys that is rushing to get your model done don't for get to put an omni some were in the sene and name it nitelite omni. I see that soon the Graham Apartments will be updated and the Timpson PL Row will be uploaded. I want to update the Worthington Apartments and the Sunset Apartments but to me that will be a dream for now. I want to delete my first two models that I have uploaded in the past because the quiltly is not good at all.

graham20apartments20nig.jpg

grahamapartmentstimpson.jpg

grahamapartmentstimpson.jpg

Posted

Looks like I have started back bating after looking at google mapes trying to figure what to make. These Apartments are not far from the Timpson PL Row. I have started on the Apartment today, so It's not to much. Lets just hope I continue bating.

Heres the link to google maps. Click

newnybtbatapt02pic02.jpg

newnybtbatapt02pic01.jpg

Posted

Aaaah - progress! 4.gif I'm always happy to see your thread continue. I seem to have missed the last posts, though.

I recently re-downloaded your Graham Apartments because of the improved night lights, by the way. It's good to see that you gave it another shot, and everything is looking great now!

However, I think you are too critical towards yourself when you say that you want to delete your first BATs! They are clearly not as good as your recent uploads, but hey... that's the way things are. You start small, you get better. And your first BAT attempts are certainly nothing to be ashamed of! Look, they got downloaded (and not just two or three times, I'll bet!), so they are apparently useful for many people out there. It's rather common that those who made something are, at the same time, their hardest critics, whereas other people are not that strict. Leave them on the STEX, I say, they won't hurt anyone. 1.gif And they can always serve to portray your enormous progress!

That last building you are presenting here looks rather good so far. I like those typical light wells. I don't have any suggestions for you at this time, just a little encouragement. 44.gif

Posted

T Wrecks- Thank you and thank you for stoping by. Well like I keep saying. I do want to fix the Worthington and Sunset Apartments night lights like the Graham Apartments and Timpson PL Row, but to me what is sad is I don't have all the textures for the Worhtington Apartments. Well, I thought It is time for me to make a new building for NYBT, sense things are moving kind a slow and not as active as in the past. Right now my mission is to be speedy. I don't like take almost one year up to finish a bat, and the thing is I'm not working on it everyday.

Here's my update on the Apartment building. I have been working on it sense 6:00 am this morning and now it past 6:00 pm. I think I'm going to give it rest till tomorrow or later on tonight. The sad thing as always is I'm going to need some help on naming these apartment buildings that I'll be working. So fill free to come up with a name for this master pice I'm working on.

newnybtbatapt02pic03.jpg

newnybtbatapt02pic04b.jpg

newnybtbatapt02pic05.jpg

newnybtbatapt02pic06.jpg

Posted

Here an update not much, but I do have a ruff draft render on the new apartments that I'm making, When I finish It will look a little different. The textures are the same textures from the Graham Apartments I hope do mined and I hope you like the ruff draft of my apartments. Oh yea don't mine the graffiti on the wall I will remove it, I was playing with it but still I'm no good for that type of stuff.

newnybtbatapt02pic07.jpg

newnybtbatapt02pic08.jpg

weixc812, BIWDC and Wallibuk like this

Posted

Whoah Aaron this is coming along greatly! The graffiti is a nice touch there. I minor thing I thought about, wouldn't you think that area where the graffiti is would be a tad dirtier than the rest of the model? And that side as well? Well that's just me but everything else is quite nice! I'm curious though, where did you get those tru-nite looking nitemaps for the model?

Posted

Wow you're moving incredibly fast! It looks great so far and I like the idea of graffiti on that wall. I think you should keep it, just scale it down a tiny bit and darken the wall behind it, like Brandon said.

Posted

Sgt Pepper- I'm going to try to make the graffti darker.4.gif

PBGV103- Yes, I'm trying to move faster. At one tie it was quailty now it time for me to work on speed. I do need to resise the graffti on the wall because it does hang off by a little.19.gif

Sgt Pepper- Heres the Night Lights I use for the Graham Apartments and the Timpson PL Row. You will have to put the Real_Lights01 in the   C:\gmax\gamepacks\Maps\NightWindows  and you should see it in GMAX Night Windows in the Parameters rowouts. I hope this works for you, and if it does not then please post back of course. There has to be another way to make night lights like this because this way is not the perfect way, but to me it beats having those default night lights.29.gif

Real_Lights01.zip

Real_Lights01.zip

Real_Lights01.zip

Posted

I second what Brandon said - the "blind" wall without windows, where the building would touch the adjacent building, would probably look better if it was a little less tidy and visibly different from all regular walls. As for the graffitti, I actually think you've done a great job! You should just make the graffitti texture layer more opaque so that it doesn't stand out so much and looks a bit faded.

Posted

those look good, I think I would make the brick texture a tiny bit larger so its easier to see, may not be realistic but it may be less blurry