MWzuwL6.jpg

Zoom in of the busy flyover

CRBtiKS.jpg

Zoom out showing surrounding area

WNNUqg8.jpg

Location in region:

5UE2KF3.jpg

8Et4QW1.jpg

A relatively plain...something I finished up a little while ago. I guess you could call it a partial Y/directional T hybrid... Anyway, it splits a multiplex between a main arterial road and the rural freeway bypassing/replacing it in the middle of absolute nowhere - when I get around to fully developing the tile there'll be little more than farms for a few miles around. For now it sits amongst windbreaks and woods.

59acefb37e949_503-24interchange.thumb.png.08cace73a6013c20e35d4f551794f7ea.png

I guess this is only marginally an interchange, but it does have a ramp in it...

This is the northern end of a gap in Route 503, the same rural freeway featured in my earlier post further up this page. It's located some distance south of the other interchange, a few miles below the town of Wren Bluff. Route 24 continues south as a two lane rural expressway for a long ways, passing through numerous farmfields and the occasional tiny row of houses, before 503 finally branches off again a short distance northeast of Powellsville, to continue all the way into the Palomino area.

59baa83988d18_Northendof503gap.thumb.png.ef8c33c46b7c8e453c3a02282e2e98c4.png

Spoiler

In the game's scale, the interchange is ~11 km south of the other one, ~6 km south of Wren Bluff, and the gap is ~20 km...but I always thought it was a bit underscaled in that regard.

2 minutes ago, redfox85 said:

@Metacity looks very similar to where Ontario's highway 404 currently ends east of Barrie.

That's far from a coincidence...the route planning map I drew up takes very heavy influence from Ontario and Québec, in that freeways are generally on an as-needed basis around developed areas and/or dangerous/old sections of highway, rather than the American "build all the things" method. The intermediate step, expressways - done as Symphony highways - is a bit less restricted.

here's a NAM 36 interchange - a whopping 75 tiles long. It connects the northern section of highway 101 between the country's two most populous cities (Harbour City and Laurentia) to  Airport Trail, about 5km north of Laurentia's northern border. The airports proximity means only L1 could be used:

101-airporttrail.jpg

2017-09-18_115313.jpg.5fd300fdedb328c2d867ff011e58a2c5.jpg

For some reason, the drivers avoid the loop by going to the end of the highway where they get to the other side using an Invisible Loop Connector, then they get off at the nearest off-ramp. Also, I've tried residential zoning on the other side of the highway, but the householders would complain there's no road connection or no jobs.

1 hour ago, T Wrecks said:

Have you used the "drawpaths" cheat to check those on/off-ramp intersections? It sure sounds like something is wrong there.

It may also have to do with the number of tiles and speed. It might simply be shorter for drivers to use the loop connector and exit that way because it takes less time. Also avenue tiles are 'slower' than RHW tiles so that may also affect things.

Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, T Wrecks said:

Have you used the "drawpaths" cheat to check those on/off-ramp intersections? It sure sounds like something is wrong there.

Fore some reason, the game won't accept the cheat code when I type it.

2 minutes ago, Haljackey said:

It may also have to do with the number of tiles and speed. It might simply be shorter for drivers to use the loop connector and exit that way because it takes less time. Also avenue tiles are 'slower' than RHW tiles so that may also affect things.

Hope this helps!

For some reason, they start abandoning their homes when I delete the ends of the highway with the invisible connector.

P.S. what's funny about my interchange? :)

21 hours ago, Razip said:

Fore some reason, the game won't accept the cheat code when I type it.

What happens exactly? It sounds like you can call up the cheat console and enter "drawpaths" (I think that was the code), but nothing happens?

Have you tried the Extra Cheats DLL? It's generally a good idea to have it IMO.