• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
Rionescu

Show Us Your Interchanges - The Sequel

4,023 posts in this topic

I noticed that the original thread was broken with no more posts showing up, so this will be it's replacement. Here's a link to the original.

I'll start off with what I was trying to post in the other one.

Interchange2.jpg

This is my 6-way interchange from the farthest zoom level.

Interchange1.jpg

And this is it after zooming in once. This monstrosity came about while looking through the original thread. Some of them were just amazing and I wanted to what I could come up with. My only plan was that I would have 2 intersecting highways going north-south and east-west with a third going diagonally and going near the intersection as well. To accommodate the crossings of the diagonal highway I had to make it a little less diagonal near the center. To add to this, my diagonal exits would dig a REALLY deep hole when I tried to place them so I used the normal exits. My plan was to connect each highway to each and every other in both directions instead of two cloverleafs. I had to write down and tick of all the exits I would've needed, and when I saw that I need 24, I was think "Oh my god, what have I gotten myself into?". Nevertheless I continued.After about 2 or 3 hours of work and much frustration, I ended up with the above interchange.

Here are a few more pictures:

Interchange3.jpg

Interchange4.jpg

Interchange5.jpg

From this idiotic idea I learned two thing. First, unchecked ambition can lead to amazing but sometimes useless things. And second, I realized why 3 highways will never be part of the same interchange.

Any feedback on my "interesting" interchange would be appreciated, and posting your own interchange would be even better.

7 people like this

Actually the thread has a really bad page flip bug, it's still working......

By the way crazy interchange.....44.gif

I made 6 or 7 posts to try to fix it, but it wouldn't work so I figured it was completely broken. I guess if it does eventually work my posts will take up a lot of the page until I delete them.

So, when does a thread become "broken"? Or when is it considered as "broken"?

Basically when it takes a large number of posts to get the page to show... like 9.

I've locked the old thread and linked to this one, so everything should go smoothly now. 4.gif

ky72x: While you're at it, edit Rionescu's post so it links to the broken thread (so people can see the old one).

Yay for simplicity! It's also very compact.

The first interchange in my eye is worthless.. but to enjoy seeing it and trying to comprehend how people would drive on that flawlessly makes me aww. I have always tried to create a mega interchange but after several attepts i gave up.

~Joey

P.S. The second interchange has a wonderful cliff over it.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the comments. The interchange was built for no other reason than my ambition to make something big. I agree it is quite useless and take up way too much space in my city.

Ah, the fun of teasing.

flintwood-_interchange01.jpg

flintwood-_interchange02.jpg

coast_flare-_interchange01.jpg

2 people like this

Hey Blue Lightning, I like how your interchanges are quick and straight to the point, but yet are still very realistic, always thought that you were limited to very wide turning radiuses with the current version of the RHW... wait is that a 3 lane RHW bridge?... and the MIS... holy crap...

...whoa...6.gif

I see a few other things in that that are new. But for now, I want to show you an attempt at a Diverging Diamond Interchange. I don't think I built it wrong, and I wanted to make this before the actual DDI puzzle piece got released. I'll add road signs later. Click for slightly larger size.

c21p.jpg

Woah awesome job Blue, also emgmod great work on your interchanges!

Originally posted by: Blue Lightning

Ah, the fun of teasing.

flintwood-_interchange01.jpg

flintwood-_interchange02.jpg

coast_flare-_interchange01.jpg

quote>

I've seen those pieces on SC4D and I must admit, they look nice. Whenever the next RHW version comes out, it can make some very nice interchanges in my cities.

Highway-Apr22001258821397.png Interchange 1 picture by citiesxlfan42

Just a rural highway interchange about 20 miles from the farthest line of New Hampton Bay.

Some eyecandy and a town added to my previous interchange:

w23.png

1 person likes this

ComputerGuy890100 - Your interchanges aren't too bad. Though you might want to consider a texture mod for your RHW. Those entrance/exit ramp pieces just look like they don't belong there.

@ Sir_knight: I actually disagree. The texture is fine & I like the on/offramps.

@ComputerGuy890100: Your interchanges are nice & simple. However, I'd like to see you do a trumpet or parclo interchange.

interchange.jpg

This is one of my cities on the edge of a region (western edge) so the main highway doesn't need to keep going much past this ring road.

The loop on the left lets drivers turn around - useful if you're coming off the ring road and want to go east.

1 person likes this

This interchange could be done a lot more efficient. Now all east bound travellers need to get on the west bound lane, and take another exit to reach their destination. Since, as you said, most travel would be east bound, it makes most sense to have direct access to and from that direction, and use the turn around for the west bound travellers.

Regards,

Korot

I have nothing to show because for the life of me I can never get those puzzle pieces to line up where I need them... But just wanted to say that It never ceases to amaze me at what some of you folks can come up with for the interchanges, well done.

I love those curves, but what really peaked by attention was the rhw-6c tunnel work-around. I also like the rhw-8 to rhw-6c transition with the exits and the curves in the top picture are nice too.

1 person likes this