• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

About our affiliation with GOG.com   05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
A Nonny Moose

The Moose Factory - Virtual Bar and Grill - Version 3

4,119 posts in this topic

After a lone 65F day, it has turned cold again and we've gotten some snow up here.  Just a dusting, though.  Still, this kind of weather requires hot soup, particularly clam chowder in a bowl of hand-made bread.  Yum.  Thick, hearty soups of all kinds will be kept in the warmers in case any of you get cold.

catty-cb likes this

It's Golden Week back in Japan.  The town I used to live in was a big vacation destination.  As such, the main national road that wound along the coast was gridlocked for the entirety of this week of National Holidays, so we would stay around our home, go for walks in the neighborhood, up into the mountains, whatever.  So, some traditional Japanese spring food: takenoko gohan (baby bamboo rice), dried fish (local specialty where I once lived) and nanohana (a relative of broccoli if I remember correctly), kashiwa mochi (for Boy's Day), and I think some manju because mm, manju. 

Fly your koinobori high and help yourselves!

catty-cb likes this

There will always be some fine, B-kyuu (second level) Japanese cuisine, but for Mother's Day (HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!) I'll get the grill going for a nice, spring barbecue!  Hot dogs and hamburgers, and some french fries and potato salad for good measure.

SimCoug and raynev1 like this

I'll have a couple thanks ... if it keeps raining here, they will be nice to have in the boat  :D

So my colleague went down to Menonimee/Marinette on Wednesday when it was 45F with thick fog up here.  I guess he got out of his car and it was 75F and sunny.  Lake Superior does not allow such shenanigans until we are well into June and the solstice approaches.  But who doesn't love a good brat?  Brats and grilled hamburgers and, heck, let's season up some kebabs and put those on the barbecue as well!

raynev1 likes this

The weather for the Memorial Day weekend is rainy and stormy here, so we'll have our picnic inside.  Sandwiches- nay, subs for all!  Let's add some pasta salad and potato salad, but I hate coleslaw so none of that.  Also, if you want mayonnaise, you're out of luck.  I shot the mayo delivery man...

Spoiler

...a dirty look and he has never come back.