• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
A Nonny Moose

The Moose Factory - Virtual Bar and Grill - Version 3

4,126 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Moose Factory.

For newcomers, service is via the autosystem which consists of an autoserver for food service and an autobar for drinks.  Anyone present may order any food or drink item and it is served immediately.  No takeout.

Alcoholic beverages ordered by minors will be dealcoholized automatically, so use your imagination.

To honor our new opening, the bar is serving Orange Blossom cocktails until Sunday evening.  Enjoy.

Try our new hot Buffalo Chicken Wings.  These go best with a heavier beer such as ale, or Guiness if you have the guts.

Welcome all.  We will try to make your stay enjoyable.

Please note that the back room may be used for whatever you like, but remember that the KK dragon has been known to lurk there.  He is a nice dragon, and baby sits the kids if they get too obnoxious.

Anyone with links to the old list should change to this one.  I did.

Wow, nice new digs! I love the way you replicated the old joint so completely (even down to the scratches in the bar).

I'll try the wings and Guiness.

Originally posted by: N_O_Body

Enjoy.  We aim to please.

That reminds me of a sign I saw in a men's room:  "We aim to please, you aim too, please!"

quote>

Ha Ha that's funny.  My wife has that hanging in our bathroom.17.gif

Originally posted by: Hard_Justice

Ha Ha that's funny.  My wife has that hanging in our bathroom.

quote>

I had it in the head of my last yacht, too.

Falls down as door swings open easily.  Gets up and pins up sign, "Open for Business in New Digs."

Hey, wow, the place is lookin' fabulous.  Nice Elvis in Velvet over the bar, there.  I'll have the buffalo wings, and a Blue Moon Belgian White with an orange slice.

I like the large picture of Marylin Monroe on the wall to your right. She still can turn a man's head. WOW.

Place does look nice doesn't it? A slab of St. Louis style ribs with fries and a pitcher of beer, hold the bread.

So, a priest, a minister, and a rabbi walk into the New Moose Factory... no wait.

You now, I've always found it ironic how, with all the cracks made about how "priest-minister-rabbi-bar" is such a cliche setup, you very rarely actually hear a joke making serious use of it.

It's one of those odd cases where the cliche is made fun of far more than it's actually used.

Welcome all.  I am glad you are well served.  As for the clergy joke, I think it originated with this one:

A priest, a minister and a rabbi went out in a boat to fish and share tales.  After a while, the priest remarked that he had to relieve himself and would use the marina heads on-shore.  So he hopped out of the boat, walked over to the shore, did his business and walked back.

There was a deafening silence.  After a few more minutes, the rabbi said "You know, I don't think I can hold on any longer".  So he slipped over the side, walked over to the shore and did his thing.  When he got back, the minister said "That's one beer too many, I've got to go."  He hopped over the side and sank immediately.  While he was floundering around, the priest said to the rabbi, "Do you suppose we should have told him about the stepping stones?"

Now is is not politically correct and I don't care.  It is also from the book of Shah Guido G, and as usual can be cast any way you like.  It can also be stretched to nearly infinite length.  You can also tell from my signature and the last sentence that I love puns.

Oh wow, I missed a lot! High school is extremely demanding, but I am going to keep making an effort to stop by here!

How is everyone doing?

What a nasty day today is. Cold and wet. Rain expected all day and tomorrow. UGH!

Coffee, Black, and a hot cinnamon roll please autoserver.

Originally posted by: Nerd_Guy

Oh wow, I missed a lot! High school is extremely demanding, but I am going to keep making an effort to stop by here!

How is everyone doing?quote>

We'll expect you on weak ends, Nerd.  In any case, how do you like my etching of the America's cup race over the bar?

Hard_Justice:  Here on the west coast of Ontario, the weather is cool and clear.  Expecting rain later inthe week.

Vigilante1987a:  Your coffee has arrived as ordered.  Glad its warm, but remember the sailor's couplets about Hurricanes, especially the last line "November, remember."  You people on the Atlantic coast are in for quite a ride in the next few years.

-Steps in and looks around- Wow! What an amazing place! Heard so much about it, but i never really visited.... Well..since its getting kinda late and is quite cold right now, id like a green tea with a slice of lemon please. -sips tea- Mmmmmmm Best. Tea. Ever. 16.gif 

Winter is starting to settle in here in Kansas. Colby Kansas had 8 inches of snow today. I am thankful that we only got rain here in the southern K.C. area.

Z77:  Welcome!  I hope you enjoy the place as much as I do.

Miller Lite and some grilled catfish with chips please. **Heads to the bar looking for some laughs-

helloooo hows everyone doing,hey john its great to see you here how are you.im hungry i think two slices of toast and a coffee plz thnx

Z77:  Welcome in from the cold.  The autosystem always serves the best.  Cold here too, but not very.  (5?C).

Hard_Justice:  Do you plan to drink that stuff or float the fish in it.  Your catfish could have been served Cajun style, but grilled is fine too.  I think you'll find we've joined the current fashion and the chips are made from sweet potatos.  Beer in the U.S. has always been pretty weak, so I don't see the need for "Lite".  Oh well, de gustibus non disputandem est (There's no denying that Gus rises in the East)

Welcome Jackie.  Yes, we decided the old entry was getting pretty blocked, so here we are.  Like the new paint and decor?  We had a freebie from the Restaurant Makeover crew.  Igor says "Hi."  You must be dieting again, but your toast and coffee look good.

thanks john,yes very nice decor,so you had a freebie ehhh lol.hiya igor.no not dieting i love toast for breakfast prob a bit boring though to most.i love lamb chops too for dinner oh and steak.oh wow im hungry now whats your special today.

The special for today is Rack of Lamb with seasonal vegetables and a Greek Salad.  We can also make you up a lamb souvlaki if you prefer.  This comes with Greek roast potatos, pilaf rice and a Greek salad.

Originally posted by: N_O_Body

Hard_Justice:  Do you plan to drink that stuff or float the fish in it.  Your catfish could have been served Cajun style, but grilled is fine too.  I think you'll find we've joined the current fashion and the chips are made from sweet potatos.  Beer in the U.S. has always been pretty weak, so I don't see the need for "Lite".  Oh well, de gustibus non disputandem est (There's no denying that Gus rises in the East)

quote>

**ugh cough**  Sweet potatoes yuck.  I was looking forward to some good old fashioned fish and chips.  This health food stuff is going to kill me.

Floating my fish in beer?  Sound good I will have to try that. 

I agree that the beer in the States is rather flat, isn't it amazing what you can get hooked on?

jacqulina:  You, hon, can call me Steve.  I am doing great.  A little tired of the rain but I guess we need it.  I finnally put my bike away for the winter.15.gif 

Barkeep!  Another round please.

Originally posted by: redrummage

The lamb sounds nice, I'll take that with a la fin du monde!quote>

In the style of the end of the world?  What did the autoserver make for you, O murderous one?

One coffee and one real beer.  Too bad there are not more discriminating customers, or just more customers for all that.