• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Livin in Sim

What Music are you listening to right now?--The Second Verse

4,780 posts in this topic

Though the lowly forms and ways of the simple brute do yet reign supreme in the world,  those of us inspired to know empathy and compassion and to keep reason and conscience alive yet find the way through the darkness.

Voyager 1, please say position.  

Voyager 1 copy, triangulate on galactic core and say coordinates to solar core.

Fire neutrino beam through blind spot across galactic plane to point of absolute thermal and gravitational response to signal.  

Transmission received, Voyager 1.   God help these 7.5 billion psychotic monkeys and their world of rape and murder in pursuit of sex, money and power...

Voyager 1, power down and glide on flight-path.

This must be the most optimistic song ever put into rhyme and rythm - and meanwhile G20 begins I can't resist to post it here. There must be a future somewhere, somehow..

raynev1 and RandyE like this

So in science and tech. stuff the best the world has done is firing a quantum entangled photon into space? This world must be getting boring for even people who can chisel stones and rub sticks together.  Everybody give me all your money and I'll see if the actual civilized space aliens will sell us a new planet...

Space-time location: Earth, Moscow, Russia, Red Square, 2003 A.D.

raynev1 likes this

A full live set by Disclosure

I love them for playing drums, synthesizers and bass live in their performances and for their amazing UK Garage sound. They're such underrated artists.

RandyE likes this

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "Rekishi"「歴史」 ("History")

I've watched so many of these that YouTube suddenly recommended this video:

No way...  It can't be...  What the...

100.gif

I know that EleKashi's frontman Miyamoto Hiroji started as a young choir boy and had released hits even at that age, but, wow, is that really Miyamoto-san?  Even the Japanese message boards were not sure but seemed ready and eager to think so.  I've been running it side-by-side with the music video for "Mayonaka no Hero" just to compare faces.

Later research tells me it's not really him, however, the CD "Hajimete no Boku Desu" was his childhood hit and is no less incomprehensibly cute, especially compared to him singing "Kanashimi no Hate" in the Budōkan.  Ah well, my own humor...Michael Jackson in The Jackson 5 and Ricky Martin in Menudo were ridiculously cute too.

RandyE likes this