• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

Chat is back...   06/22/2017

In order to conserve resources, we've disabled the global chatbar at the bottom of the site. Instead, the Chat can be accessed by clicking the top navigation tab. It will launch a new window. If you're not seeing this behavior, try clearing your browser's cache.
Livin in Sim

What Music are you listening to right now?--The Second Verse

4,767 posts in this topic

When we've been there ten thousand years, Bright shining as the sun,

Die Toten Hosen  -  "Tage wie diese"  ("Days Like These")

Proving once again that hopelessly unassuming me would stick out in the audience like a sore thumb at their concerts.

RandyE likes this

Anathema - Summer Night Horizon (Proggresive Rock/Metal, 2010, United Kingdom)

Epic!

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "Tomodachi ga Iru no sa"「友達がいるのさ」 ("I Have Friends!?")

Cubist Miyaji.

Posted (edited)

This is for the coyote that knows who I am. and reminds me where I am. 

100% GO on extinction of fatally maladapted object and abstraction fixated violent psychotic simian rodent dominant reptilian regressed land mammal. 

Sing it Honey...

Edited by RandyE

Evolution of Species
metasmurf likes this

Karma Police by Radiohead

Still leaves me speechless every time. It just has so much emotion put into it.

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "Signal"「シグナル」

The twilight hours of Tokyo.

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "Akaki Sora yo!"「赤き空よ!」 ("Red Sky!")

At least these are relatively uplifting sounding tunes for walking around the megasprawl, whereas "Daichi no Symphony" had me fearing pale night owl Miyamoto was going to depressively step out into the street intersection in a spaced-out stupor and get run over on his languid walk to the recording studio.

Not my fav muse songs... but Muse is always awesome... they're just a tiny little bit less awesome than the ones I prefer :D

:yes:

@Cool_Z What about this one then?

About that song you just posted: I usually love alternative stuff, but I guess it's a bit too alternative :P

Silur and raynev1 like this

"Second star to the right and straight on ‘till morning …"

My God, I've breached the light barrier so many times I think I should start my own school of physics and call it the 2nd coming of Newton.

Dmitry Hvorostovsky (Дмитрий Хворостовский)  -  "On the Hills of Manchuria"  "На Сопках Маньчжурии"  ("Na Sopkah Manchzhurii"), waltz by Ilya Shatrov

The "Hills of Manchuria" refers to the distant frontier in East Asia where the bodies of the defeated Russian soldiers of the Russo-Japanese War lie fallen after the disastrous Battle of Mukden.  I don't know how the tsarist court back in glittering St. Petersburg halfway around the world "waltzes" to this grim musical lament, but perhaps that is why a revolution soon followed.

The first mass extinction and the evolution of aerobic eukaryotes.   Then she came upon the land as an amphibian, and returned to the water, to become a mammal, and again she breached the surface of the water, to breathe the air...  This is the living Earth, there is no other, there is only one.    PG-13 OK.

raynev1 likes this

One of my favourite rock songs from the zeroes. It's so catchy and danceble! :yes:

RandyE likes this

PG-13 OK    No comment.  Only Commitment.  Get some.

The new speed of the new physics, about 2 trillion miles per second.