Livin in Sim

What Music are you listening to right now?--The Second Verse

Easter Monday am - where did the weekend go? ...

Said the straight man to the late man

Where have you been?

I've been here, and I've been there

and I've been in between

King Crimson - I Talk to the Wind

Arve Hendriksen

Opening Image

and immediatly afterwards ...

Sidsel Endresen & Bugge Wesseltoft

Try

And then back to Hendriksen. And so on.

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "Kakurenbo"「かくれんぼ」 ("Hide-and-Seek")

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "Koibito yo"「恋人よ」 ("Lover")

I'm also liking EleKashi's "Ashita e no Kioku"「明日への記憶」 ("Memory for Tomorrow").  I've read that songwriter Miyamoto Hiroji once liked to wander around Tokyo on foot as inspiration to write these things, hence why so many of their music videos incorporate walking through random gritty urban scenes, often with poor, lonely, older Miyamoto-san getting sadly left behind and forgotten in the hustle and bustle.  How does he not get stopped by passersby?  I walk through the city with long hair like that and people actually stop me and ask in full sincerity what band I play guitar in, and I'm not even a musician!  A friend now wants to pass down to me his old guitar just for the ironic imagery.

Right now I'm listening to social distortion and related punk bands*:thumb:. My music taste is pretty impulsive, one minute its punk, next its rap, then maybe an edm song guess that is because of my adhd!

John Williams - "The Imperial March," played by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra on the grounds of Vienna's Schönbrunn Palace.  The march is already a classic, but...wow, look at the setting:

The Force Awakens in the Austro-Hungarian Empire!

Mitteleuropa:  Revenge of the Sith

The Habsburgs Strike Back!

If gotta have anime, may as well have the best.

Intermission:  I Taut I Taw a Puddy Tat.  

Next Act: Dawn of Man.

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "I am happy"

I must admit, I didn't really like this song in its original album form, but, oddly enough, I do like watching this particular performance.  It may be because vocalist Miyamoto Hiroji is so much older here than when he first wrote the song, making much of its youthfully silly shagginess now seem wistfully ironic and nostalgic.  To think that Miyamoto-sama was once so young yet still doing the same thing:

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "Tatakau Otoko"「戦う男」 ("The Fighting Man")

Been on a big Yes kick lately since their long overdue induction into the R&R Hall of Fame.

They can still really kill it live, even after many years of not playing together.  Who else could possibly fill the late, great Chris Squire's shoes on bass than Geddy Lee?

Ladies and Gentlemen, 100% pure unadulterated absolute, unconditional and eternal heavy metal:

Can't help, even if it's part of the google monster - I like YouTube. But I like it for the people you can find there putting their heart in making art.

Here comes the sun, Ukulele version

@NMUSpidey - exciting! Can't keep my feet still while listening to it.

A new music video last month from an Old Fave...

Die Toten Hosen  -  "Unter den Wolken"  ("Under the Clouds")

...and an old television video from the New Fave...

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "Kodoku na Taiyō"「孤独な太陽」 ("The Lone Sun")

Interestingly, lonely frontman Miyamoto Hiroji on the talk shows is apparently a fan of bookstores, especially second-hand bookstores, collecting old historic maps, fine art books on Chinese Yixing Zisha ceramics, and urban photography books of old Tokyo.  I now look around my bookcases and see books of old historical maps, Chinese fine arts, and architecture and urbanism, and now thanks to the promotion by a rockstar with awesome hair, I now have to hunt down or order a copy of Ikeda Akira's Images of TOKYO 1961-1967:  City of Water and Streetcars.  Almost a hikikomori book hoarder...I feel just like Wayne and Garth discovering that Alice Cooper is a history nerd brimming with random facts about Milwaukee:  I was not aware of that!

About 50,000 years ago the Neanderthal went extinct.  It took Man 50,000 years to figure out why.   All humans stand and celebrate the 2nd and final extinction of the fatally maladapted reptilian specimen of failed hominid evolution.