• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
Livin in Sim

What Music are you listening to right now?--The Second Verse

4,692 posts in this topic

It's EleKashi Night again with my Hibiya concert DVD, so...

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "Kimi no Omokage Dake"「きみの面影だけ」 ("Only Your Traces")

Gee, now that I feel like we got left out in the rain by our One True Love, we need something upbeat for the post-breakup rebound...

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "Itsumo no Tōri"「いつものとおり」 ("The Usual Way")

There is beauty in this universe so vastly pure and powerful nothing in nature could ever touch it, let alone corrupt it, otherwise this planet would have been blown to space dust long before the bacteria discovered oxygen.

Sing it Roy... Mercy...

The pursuit of intelligent life on Earth continues...  

2 people like this

I've been listening to this one a lot recently, and I'm considering making a little showcase video of my region set to it. *:)

Time for another one of my patented lists! Its not related to SC4 or the site this time though. Just finished watching Angel Beats this weekend, having decided this will be the last year I will watch anime it had which had me reminiscing about my favorite animes and my opening theme songs. So I went through about 500 songs today(most just for 10-20 seconds!) Plus I'm not a fan of J-pop, jazz or most kinds of rock(sorry!) so that conveniently eliminated about 80% of OP's *:no: Still ended up with surprising variety of music in here I think.

The aforementioned song sits just outside my top 10, it's all about the piano interlude for this one. The full song is really nice > Lia - My Soul, Your Beats!(Full song);

T10) Normally don't listen to much D&B but this one really hits the spot > Super Shooter(Full song);

T10) One messed up series but quite the lovey OP track > Duvet(Full song);

9) That voice... it's just so seductive, in a still innocent kind of way; 

8) For the longest time my fav opening, still up there for the sentimental feels it gives >Akino Arai - Voices

7) More music with feeling > Free Bird(full song);

6) Sometimes I surprise myself by stumbling onto a rock song that I actually really like > Oasis - Falling Down(full song);

5) My vote for the series with the best music overall, that part at 0:25 love it! and the end, just beautiful > Hemisphere(full song);

4) And of course I'm going like an OP with EDM overtures, the fast paced beat works really well with the animation and the futuristic imagery > Cloud age Symphony(full song);

3) Pretty epic track I'd say and no list of top anime tracks would be complete with one from YK > Yoko Kanno & Origa - Inner Universe(full song);

2) Soft rap never sounded so good > Nujabes - Battlecry(full song);

1) Lastly, the best anime OP song(imo of course) Just so damn poignant > The Delgados - The Light Before we Land(full song);

12 to 25; Kaiba, Danganronpa3MonsterHigurashiSpeed Grapher, Initial DAfroHack Sign, Xam'dNoir, Bokurano, Fantastic Children, Aria3.
HM to OP songs from; GankutsuouSpice & WolfDreamersIndex2, ChobitsRequiem, EfFafnerElfen LiedGasaraki, Paradise KissxxxHolicHis & HerDeadman, Escaflowne, Clannad, Proxy & LOTGH.

1 person likes this

An Anime Song Fest!  With "Legend of the Galactic Heroes" too!

This is an age give away, but the song I'm playing now is "Himitsu Kudasai," the climactic track for "Megazone 23."

Miyasato Kumi (宮里久美)  -  "Himitsu Kudasai"「秘密ください」 ("Please Tell Me the Secret")

Unbeknownst to most of its bustling inhabitants, 1980s Tokyo is actually a massive Omega Seed arcology in space, and a caretaker AI system is secretly counting down the days till the environmentally devastated Earth has recovered enough for the evacuated population on the ancient and cavernous colony ship to return and repopulate the planet.  Unfortunately, the plan goes awry as a desperately militarist government, discontented criminal gangs, and outside alien threats force the fanservice AI to implement extreme measures, which lead to spacefaring city-ship Tokyo getting destroyed.  "Himitsu Kudasai" wistfully plays as Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Tokyo Bay are all blown out into cold space during the colony drop onto Earth.

When I set disasters down upon my SimCity, this is the tune I often have in my head.

Colony drops and space cities aside, the real Miyasato Kumi singing this song screams 1980s Tokyo.

Cool Anime tracks, @Odainsaker! Listened to them all, though tbh most were not my cup of tea - except for the Ghost in the Shell one. That one I did like pretty much. *:)

Here's one that's not even my general taste in music, but I'm a sucker for that entire album, from start to finish. Helps (me) with lotting, too - when I'm listening to it, my brain slips into a flow, and I get s... omething done. You can listen to the entire album here.

2 people like this

I can't take credit for those...that was @Takingyouthere who launched the anime opening song extravaganza.

It got me thinking about this one again:

Kaida Shōgo (海田庄吾)  -  "Eigō no Shirabe"「永劫の調べ」 ("Eternal Investigation")

It's a major theme track for the anime adaptation of the manga "Uragiri wa boku no Namae o Shitteiru" ("Betrayal Knows My Name").  Arching over the show's blood soaked roses, bishie vampire fanservice, fascist leather fetishism, whips 'n' chains, and weepy yaoi bondage angst is actually a strikingly beautiful and melodramatic soundtrack.  Okay, they may only tease with Boys' Love meets "The Exorcism," but at least we get some memorably moody and haunting music.

1 person likes this

@T Wrecks It's cool that you listened to them all and that you even found one to your liking. :thumb:
@Odainsaker That show does not sound like my type of thing - as they say to each there own right, but that track is quite sublime. 

Somedays I just need to hear something higher paced, songs like this really get me going *:ohyes:

Continuing in the vein of @T Wrecks

Curve - Already Yours (Alternative Rock, Electronica, Shoegaze, Dream Pop, 1992, United Kingdom)

The Zeppelin is strong in this one!

Robert Plant- I'm In the Mood (2006)

2 people like this

Ulver - Utreise (Acoustic, Folk, 1996, Norway)