• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
The Milkman

Desktop.. Everyone has one of these!

2,889 posts in this topic

I have a cool new desktop. I compiled all these images into an animation and it shows a different pic every 10 mins. I get bored of the same desktop pic! And yes they are all warcraft 3 backgrounds... the backgrounds are sooo high quality and beautiful! Like the one above!

----------------

On 5/20/2003 2:57:46 PM Gr Moff Matt wrote:

Whats the green thing down the bottom. I'm sooooo nosey!

----------------

Samurize. It's a skinable system monitor - check it out at www.samurize.com. Its free too.

Can sombody go through really slowly how to get the software and also the theme to get MacOS on to a windows XP desktop please. With all the inflating icons etc. Preferably for free.

Here is my desktop: (blurred some stuff out that I thought you would laugh at!) See how popular I am! Im flashing.

/idealbb/files/properbo.jpg

----------------

On 5/21/2003 3:00:40 PM Proper_Bo wrote:

Can sombody go through really slowly how to get the software and also the theme to get MacOS on to a windows XP desktop please. With all the inflating icons etc. Preferably for free.

---------------

I am glad to help.  First you will need two websites:

www.themexp.org

news.designtechnika.com/

The first site will give you a program called ThemeXP.  You will need this program to apply new skins/themes to Windows XP and there are themes on the site that look like Mac OS, but I believe ThemeXP comes with one.

The next site is where you can find YZDock, a program that acts like the Quicklaunch thingy in Mac OS.  Just install it and drag icons onto it.  There are many other things you can do with them but I trust you can figure them out.  Hope that helped.9.gif

Thank you very much Snelts......you get the much sort after **STAR** for that help.

(You are only the second member to be given one so far! ilive deservedly got the first)

Now that I have my computer up and running again, I thought I'd put this up:

/idealbb/files/lukeonia.jpg

When I use my computer I never use the Start menu or Desktop icons; My desktop itself is just a plain black background, with some icons in the corner. I run everything right off the .exe file from Windows Explorer (which I haven't closed in weeks) and the bar on the right side of the screen. At the time I took this picture, I was listening to some music, working on a novel, and puttering around in Photoshop. I didn't have SC4 running at the time, since I'm on a 450MHz machine that barely runs anything else while that game is open.

I've been thinking about putting a picture on my desktop to look at while my computer is starting up and shutting down, but I haven't been able to find the right one. Perhaps I'll look through deviantart.com some more. There are some incredible desktops there. I've also gotten a few ideas from you folks...

heres my own desktop made in photoshop 7 - its simple but its 'eye' catching don'tcha think?!

Alas, I have updated my desktop.  I like the coloring and the way the moonlight makes her sai glow... 1.gif

/idealbb/files/DDdesktop.jpg

What did somebody mean when they said WindowBlinds was terrible?  WindowBlinds rulez...check out some of my screenshots in the other desktop discussion thread...I think it's on page 2 now, so I'll go resurface it and post some more pictures here.

By the way, is StyleXP free?

Here's mine!
/idealbb/files/Background2.JPG

Of course mine is usually on a 1024*768 resolution and I had to cut this down...

I took this screenshot from one of my random map games in Empire Earth. I slaughtered him!! 9.gif

I love Empire Earth, Huskerman; do you have the expansion, The Art of Conquest?

BTW, nice desktop, Sharr, she's hot!

P.S.  There's a similar thread, just search for "What is your desktop theme?"

----------------

On 8/2/2003 9:39:04 PM Equinox wrote:

I love Empire Earth, Huskerman; do you have the expansion, The Art of Conquest?

BTW, nice desktop, Sharr, she's hot!

P.S.  There's a simi
lar thread, just search for "What is your desktop theme?"

----------------

Yeah, but this was created before. 3.gif

Hey, Proper_Bo, can you attach that last desktop image to a post?  Looks real nice...

Here's some more shots of various Object Desktop skins of mine...

/idealbb/files/WindowBlinds-BlackcombPlus.jpg

/idealbb/files/WindowBlinds-Ketix.jpg

/idealbb/files/WindowBlinds-OxidGlas.JPG

Here's mine.  I change it from time to time which really bugs my wife. 9.gif 

/idealbb/files/Desktoppic.jpg

Here's mine with another incredible wallpaper, and of course that wonderful theme!

/idealbb/files/nice4.JPG

This theme is simply the best I have ever come accross.

Here's me Start menu:

/idealbb/files/startmenu.JPG

Nice, huh?

Somehow I don't think it's Aronion that plays Bob the Builder...

Hey EmergentFungus, where do you get your so-called 'romantic' wallpapers?  I kinda like 'em...