• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
The Milkman

Desktop.. Everyone has one of these!

2,889 posts in this topic

I prefer miranda, it has the approximatively the same feature but is a lot more powerful than trillian (I didn't use trillian pro).
The advantage of miranda over trillian is that it's a plugin based application: a plugin for MSN, another for Yahoo, one to know the weather everywhere in the world, another to see news of some sites (rss reader), a plugin to watch when other plugin or miranda itself is updated and many other ones.

Edit: And it's free AND open source !!! 1.gif

T-Pro is also plugin-compatible, with a very, very hardworking community creating official and third-party plugins for it. The sticking point is that $25 deal. Look at it this way. Figure I upgrade my OS every four years. If I actually paid for the upgrade to Windows, I''d spend $99 or so, right? If I use Trillian Pro for four years, I''d have to pay $100. Why should I pay as much as an operating system for an IM proggie?

Hmm.. where could I find more BloodRayne wallpapers? I''ve looked at deviantart and only found one good one so far..

Also.. Does stylexp allow you to change color to the various taskbar parts? I know it obvious modifies other things, but I''m just curious..

This is my desktop/color scheme, complete with Winamp: 

/idealbb/files/frog1.jpg
I've not changed this scheme since mid-March!

Thanks!9.gif

I took 4 shots of this theme...however, in Simtropolis policy I shouldn't post all four pictures here...so I chose that one. 

Hi, ... Well I am at work. So, I thought I would show you my Desktop on my work machine. ... It is an Apple G3 Tower running OS 10.2.5

I have a great background of False Creek in Vancouver. I took it one night on my way out of work. I work down in the False creek area and was walking back to my car.

BTW, sorry you have to download the picture as an attachment. .. (damn Mac''s)

Poohead Max

Ooh. This sounds like a fun topic. I got one too!
Half size version below, full size attached. I truncated half of it off since the other monitor isn''t showing anything different. This is my computer at work.

/idealbb/files/desktop_small.jpg

Ok....decided to show you the pic of my other (decent) computer.....now who knows what OS this is [:lol:]

/idealbb/files/Golfbunny2.jpg

It is? Huh.
Is there any way to tell from the screenshot? The only thing that seems amiss is the shortcut arrows on the icons...hmm.
And you also have the drag dots on the start bar, but it appears to be locked since there is no "top" drag...thing. No drop shadow on the icon text but I think that can be turned off in XP.

nice abby, where do you find those pics?
PM if you dont want to share adult content links lol
im looking for a good spray for CounterStrike, not my desktop

Oh yessss... bloood.. 3.gif not really.. but I like redheads 2.gif No matter if they're vamps or not..

I liked it Adley.  Gory or not it's still a cool background.

----------------

On 5/18/2003 2:35:29 AM Pooty wrote:

Hey frog. I really like your winamp skin! Whats it called?

----------------

I use the same skin, it is the best one I found. It is called MMD3

----------------

On 5/18/2003 2:17:05 AM StRIDeR wrote:

how do i take a pic of my background?

----------------

If you mean your desktop then its alt and printscreen at the same time. Then paste the clipboard into your image editor et voila!

6.gif Oops! meant just hit printscreen - alt printscreen means copy the current window to the clipboard!9.gif

Well, i had to reformat my comp yesterday, so my desktop is kind lame, but once i get it back to normal, i post the new one 1.gif

ok heres the MatrixSS .scr screensaver with full options, free from somewhere but i dont remember exactly where i got it