• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
The Milkman

Desktop.. Everyone has one of these!

2,889 posts in this topic

----------------

On 3/24/2003 8:35:00 PM Mike230224 wrote:

Milkman what progam do you use to change your desktop?

----------------

Heh. You like it?

----------------

On 3/25/2003 8:52:31 PM Screwballl wrote:

style XP.... ive heard of that, it basically gives you a MacOSX type of toolbar

and also thank you milkman

----------------

"MacOSX" is but *one* theme of potentially thousands.

And then you can change the colors within a theme.

And the background.

And the login screen.

And the way the entire interface looks.

But yea, aside from that, it basically allows you to use a "MaxOSX type of toolbar" 3.gif

HI milkman,
I really like your desktop settings. I downloaded StyleXP but just couldn't get that theme you are using. Mind telling me which? Also, I noticed there are a few themes similar to yours in ThemeXP.org, referring specifically to the desktop calendar and the bunch of desktop icons grouped into one need bar at the top of the desktop. I downloaded these but when I applied it to my desktop, there's no such bar and desktop calendar! My desktop icons still lie there on the desktop itself and i can't get the desktop calendar to appear. What's wrong?

hah, 11.gif10.gif

/idealbb/files/wraith1.jpg

i'm sorry, i just had to - my two TFTs are just too much not to gloat about 9.gif9.gif  (PS, i also resized it from its full 2304x1024 pixel glory)  Its a pity sim city doesn't support dual monitors though.

press "Ctrl" and "Prt Scr" (its in the top right) at the same time, which copies the current contents of the monitor(s) to the clipboard (works in games as well) and then paste it in your favourite paint program. (i assume there is a print screen button on US keyboards...)

----------------

On 3/26/2003 6:07:18 AM ValesElven wrote:

HI milkman,

I really like your desktop settings. I downloaded StyleXP but just couldn't get that theme you are using. Mind telling me which? Also, I noticed there are a few themes similar to yours in ThemeXP.org, referring specifically to the desktop calendar and the bunch of desktop icons grouped into one need bar at the top of the desktop. I downloaded these but when I applied it to my desktop, there's no such bar and desktop calendar! My desktop icons still lie there on the desktop itself and i can't get the desktop calendar to appear. What's wrong?

----------------

PM me on AOL. We can talk about it.

This is what's on all the computers here at my school. I would post the one at home but alas, I can't get to my computer right now. 8.gif

/idealbb/files/lukeonia1.jpg

----------------

On 3/26/2003 5:04:05 PM Lukeonia1 wrote:

This is what's on all the computers here at my school. I would post the one at home but alas, I can't get to my computer right now.
8.gif

----------------

3:49 and you still at school? 6.gif

----------------

On 3/26/2003 5:10:51 PM Sharr wrote:

Here is mine
1.gif
----------------

I like her outfit. ALOT 10.gif

----------------

On 3/26/2003 5:32:46 PM Kolyana wrote:

----------------

Here is mine
1.gif"
----------------

----------------

Somehow I figured you would, Kolyana. *grin* 2.gif

----------------

On 3/26/2003 5:37:58 PM Sharr wrote:

----------------

On 3/26/2003 5:32:46 PM Kolyana wrote:

----------------

Here is mine
1.gif"
----------------

----------------

Somehow I figured you would, Kolyana. *grin* 2.gif
----------------

I hate that movie because of her... well not because of here but because of what happens to her7.gif
btw electra is the bomb3.gif

Psst... Elektra lives. 2.gif and you can look forward to a movie of her own!