• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Boggy1

The Simtropolis Closet Thread - deux!

1,951 posts in this topic

Originally posted by: abcvs

Oh,  and can I play my Abackwardsb.pngBA vinyls in here?quote>

I see you've taken a liking to my litle backwards B character. 5.gif

Vinyl is so...  sensual.quote>

Are you coming out of the closet as a phonosexual? 3.gif

I am still not sure what I am. lol. physically male. Married, two daughters and one grand child on the way- in about 7 months.

I love my wife and prefer girls, but I despise male company, macho activities and man talk. I prefer to cook, decorate the house, discuss girls hobbies and styles, share recipes and relate much better with the women I know.

Okay here goes and please, nobody get too upset- My wife thinks, I am a lesbian. I am inclined to agree, because I do not fit anywhere else. lol.

I am a straight boy. 9.gif Even though the "closet" refers to gay, I'm allowed in here anyway cause the topic subject says so. lol So below is me and my awesome, one in a million girlfriend.

couple.jpg

Don't get the wrong idea, she really is my girlfriend, I just don't have a pic of the both of us together at the moment. I'm mikey and her name's Kristina. <3

frndofyaweh: You just have a strong feministic side to you, as do I. I find girls are much easier to befriend and be around, which is why I love my girlfriend so much, shes everything i could ever want and always puts a smile on my face.

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom 4.gif

aw mike, you two are cute together 4.gif

soo, as of the 18th of August, I am in a relationship with a boy named Drew.

Incredibly sweet and adorable, although I have no pic of him at this time, let alone US

Incredibly sweet and adorable, although I have no pic of him at this time, let alone US

Are you coming out of the closet as a phonosexual? quote>

Well...   no.   I don't actually own any records...  however I do clearly remember what they were...  and I remember the 45s that came with the Little Golden Records...

You know that it is time to turn the page, when Tinkerbell rings her little bell like this...

Trrring! 

I see no one has said anything in here for awhile, so I hope you don't mind if I step in.

I've been really confused about myself for the past few weeks, and thanks to a few different ST members, decided that I feel a bit more comfortable talking about it. So I figure I'd say something here. Just to let you all know that there's another one of those confused teens wandering around here.

Chptrk: Welcome to the closet! If you find yourself in need of assistance of any kind, I'm on ST almost every day.

As you probably know by now, we're a rather welcoming community. That's why I chose here as the first place to come out as bisexual (something I have done on ST chat pretty much every day afterwards... gee that topic comes up a lot). You're always welcome here, even if it turns out you're straight. Hey, if we let Archean in here, we can't turn you away.

Like you, I know what it's like to question my sexuality. Hopefully all of us here can make your journey a little less troublesome.

Now, can someone PLEASE sticky this?

Astronelson: Will do. 3.gif

And welcome Chp! You can talk to any of us at any time about any feelings or problems you have. We've all been there 4.gif

[puts on old fart hat]

Stickied!  Why, I remember back in the day that a thread like this didn't have a snowball's chance in Hades of ever being stickied!  It's almost gratifying that it's somewhat quiet right now.  I still remember the beginning when we'd get people trying to stir up trouble to get the original one shut down.  I think it's finally living up to it's mission!

Now what'd I do with my teeth...

[removes old fart hat]

Welcome to the Closet, Chptrk.  Lots of confused souls have passed through here indeed.  And I think I can safely say that nearly everyone posting in here has gone through a confusing time in their life.   Thou art amongst empathizers.  9.gif

ISF

Aww...sticked just for me! Or Astro's request. Either or. 3.gif

What a warm welcome! Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

Now, can I ask you all a question? Before I ever brought anything about this up with any of you, what did I come off as? I'm just wondering for my own sake.

Originally posted by: Chptrk

Now, can I ask you all a question? Before I ever brought anything about this up with any of you, what did I come off as? I'm just wondering for my own sake. quote>

Personality wise, nothing in particular, although your selection of avatars totally gave you away. Specifically, the fact all the cat people you've been using have been male - a heterosexual guy would have been using the female "nekomata".

Frankly, I thought you might be at least bisexual.

Yes, the guy kitties gave it away. Also, cats are the most popular gay fantasy, according to Zel here, so even if you did use the girl ones, there was still a good chance.

Now, can I ask you all a question? Before I ever brought anything about this up with any of you, what did I come off as? I'm just wondering for my own sake.quote>

Bisexual at least. It was the avatar, definitely.

Though you did also do some things in ST chat that would've drawn your sexuality into doubt... 3.gif Anyways, I digress. Boggy's right: we're here to support you during this confusing time.

I should know: I've been through that myself, and still am.

Ok, kittys make me seem more gay. I get it. I guess I just prefer the guy kittys over the girls.

But then, at the same time, I like the girl kittys too. I just feel more comfortable with a guy avatar I guess...

GAH! Everytime I start actually thinking about it, everything just gets a million times more confusing. I've been trying to just relax and be natural, see where that takes me, but there's always that part of me that wants to think things through, and that just messes me up.

That's just how I'm feeling, any advice? I've been taking all I can get.

Well, my first bit of advice would be to try and calm down a little, find a nice quiet place where you can be alone and think about things. You won't sort all this out in a day, no matter how much help you have. Find some nice music to listen to, if it helps. Chocolate is good too.

The part of you that wants to think things through should be listened to. So, think about it. Do some research at your local library. I think 306.76 is the section you want there.

Don't worry too much. People question their sexuality at all kinds of ages. For me it started at 16, for others, their 20's or 30's or even later.

And remember. We know how you feel. We've been in this situation before. We can help you, and we truly want to. You just need to ask.

Not only the avatars but also the fact that you didn't know the popular manga characters displayed in them because Zelgadis supplied you at least the first ones.

Yes, the avatars really did give it away. 3.gif

Especially as one of my best gay friends is just like you; obsessed with cats. I could see the massive similarities in his and yours personality and likes.

But it wasn't just the avatars; I think some of your mannerisms from way early on clued me to you being at least bisexual.

In other news; it's coming up to my second year anniversary with Neil. His present from me? A three day holiday in London; paid for by me!

Congratulations, Boggy! I hope you have a good time in London.

Bring us back something!

Originally posted by: astronelson

Yes, the guy kitties gave it away. Also, cats are the most popular gay fantasy, according to Zel here, so even if you did use the girl ones, there was still a good chance.quote>

Interesting. I did not know that.

I was thinking more along the lines of "There's really only one reason why a man would have a continuing trend of using 'cute' anime characters as avatars - because they find them attractive. So if they're all male, he's almost certainly gay."

...I'm going to have to refute the part about cat girls still being indicative of homosexuality, though. An awful lot of heterosexual guys like them, so it wouldn't be a logical conclusion to draw.

Originally posted by: Duke87

Interesting. I did not know that. quote>

I didn't know that anime cats had anything to do with it either.

But then the whole anime thing is after my time so there is a lot I don't know about it.

Interesting. I did not know that.

I was thinking more along the lines of "There's really only one reason why a man would have a continuing trend of using 'cute' anime characters as avatars - because they find them attractive. So if they're all male, he's almost certainly gay."quote>

So you were unaware of this particular facet of male homosexuality? Interesting. Although I'm sure your logic is a part of it.

...I'm going to have to refute the part about cat girls still being indicative of homosexuality, though. An awful lot of heterosexual guys like them, so it wouldn't be a logical conclusion to draw.

quote>

Yes, you will have to, as you haven't yet. To refute that part you'd need to provide evidence and thus prove me wrong.

–verb (used with object), -fut⋅ed, -fut⋅ing.

1. to prove to be false or erroneous, as an opinion or charge.
2. to prove (a person) to be in error.

1513, "refuse, reject," from L. refutare "drive back, repress, repel, rebut," from re- "back" + -futare "to beat," probably from PIE base *bhat- "to strike down" (cf. beat). Meaning "prove wrong" dates from 1545. Since c.1964 linguists have frowned on the subtle shift in meaning towards "to deny," as it is used in connection with allegation. quote>
quote>

49.gif

But I digress.

Anyway... my mum knows I'm bisexual, but my dad doesn't. I might tell him some other time. I may wait a while, though.

Yes, you will have to, as you haven't yet. To refute that part you'd need to provide evidence and thus prove me wrong.

quote>

The fact that many heterosexual guys like "nekomata" doesn't in and of itself make it hasty to assume that if someone likes them, they're gay?

So you were unaware of this particular facet of male homosexuality? Interesting. Although I'm sure your logic is a part of it.quote>

I merely speak from my own observational experience. Men typically have trouble distinguishing between "cute" and "sexy" as it is, and cat people can really blur the line between the two in addition to that. A man won't be too able to look at them as just "cute" without the sexual attraction aspect coming in. Ergo, if a man likes them, he on some level is sexually attracted to them.

Women, on the other hand, can and will see people/things as "cute" in a non-sexual way far more readily than men and so this logic doesn't work with them.

Mind we don't get into anything too deeply psychological on the definition of what causes a gay/b person to act gay/bi.

quote>

The fact that many heterosexual guys like "nekomata" doesn't in and of itself make it hasty to assume that if someone likes them, they're gay?

quote>

Until I see some evidence in the form of, say, a peer-reviewed paper, you haven't refuted, merely denied. Although your point is valid, as it does seem many straight people are fond of these "nekomata", it doesn't constitute a proof unless a study has been done and statistically significant evidence found supporting it.

Sorry if my point came across wrong, I was merely pointing out the corect use of the word "refute".

And now back to your scheduled programming.