• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

About our affiliation with GOG.com   05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
Hamish

Mac made City Journals

42 posts in this topic

@ Goodyou: Firstly, I can't see the images, but more importantly, you've posted in the wrong place. This is a thread for listing Mac-Made City Journals, and is not related to the NAM or RHW.

screenshot20120506at654.png

This City was entirely constructed (beginning in 2010) on a MacBook Pro.

It is based on the real Vancouver BC, though it looks nothing like it. It is built using Vancouver design principles based on mixed-used development, strong transit networks, walkable and sustainable development, and an emphasis on the "human element" of city building.

NO FREEWAYS!

Most of the City has the look and feel of NYC, Chicago, STL, KC, Boston, and many other historical US and Canadian cities.

This is not a recreation, so Vancouver residents, please take note.

Here is a preview!

downtownvancouvermosaic.jpg

negishibanner.jpg

Negishi Bulletin

The Negishi city and region is a fictional Japanese inspired region, built entirely on a MacBook Pro running Apple OSX. Likewise, the CJ for Negishi city is made on Mac. Short background, the city was made when I discovered a map another SC4 player had made. My goal, to create the largest single city I have ever made, and the most realistic one too. So far, all is going to plan, and I am proud of the Negishi region.

As far as I know there was a forum update some time ago that probably caused links and images to break.

What I'd like to know is what constitutes a Mac CJ? I play on Mac but I still have mods that for the most part come as EXE files. I install them on the PC then transfer the files through Dropbox. My CJ is called Wournosville and can be found here: SC4 Wournosville.  Note that it's a region with 4 cities.

mrsmartman likes this

Broken STEXT links are usually a result of successive forum software updates. Typically the data is all still there, you just have to find where.

Missing images could be related, i.e. broken tags, but sadly most are offlined by the image hosting service. Some stop offering a free service, others have closed up shop or changed the way the service works. So much missing stuff in the larger community as a result :(.

As for a Mac CJ - that's just a CJ made using a Mac. I'm not really sure why we need the differentiation though?

mrsmartman likes this

17 hours ago, rsc204 said:

As for a Mac CJ - that's just a CJ made using a Mac. I'm not really sure why we need the differentiation though?

Seems pointless to me if this is the only requirement.

Compdude787 and mrsmartman like this

On 2/3/2016 at 7:25 PM, USA Patriot said:

Sadly none of these links work anymore.  Were all these journals lost?  

Having received USA Patriot's report and inquiry, albeit late, Cori delved into unknown territory. Something about Macs? Are they Big? She's heard of those. Or, maybe it's an acronym. Magnificent, Adored Computer? Who knows?

There were 20 structures present in the first post. At first glance they seemed vibrant. As if they had a soul still clinging to them. But, that's basically all that remains. The broken links themselves. The aspiring sleuth investigated electron emissions and tracked down:

1. The United States of Westernland - USA Patriot (Found alive and mostly healthy.)

2. Marygreen - Bank (A skeleton of text was found. The once shining images have faded from view. Historians are notified here and let them glean what they can from the remains.) And, y'all are own your own for describing the contents of all the others I found.

So, here's all the new linkys I could find. @Hamish feel free to c & p them to your first post if you like.

3. The New Carpathia Confederation of Planets - Zelgadis

4. The Mayors of Ellis Valley - a vanilla cj - Benedict

5. A UK village - Barnatom

6. Cadott Bay - Barnatom

7. Corrino Region: The Adventures of DaVinci Brown - Vigilante1987a

8. Welcome to Metal City - Nightshiver00
^This one seems to be more lost than I can handle. After failing with Google, I viewed the member's profile and activity.

9. DanWalker8's 'Illinois Region - DanWalker8
^Also seems to be lost.

10. My Region Of Locksley - Redroverr

11. Bai' Kaiashi - Sky Guy
^No, but I found this:
Bangorai'---- A Southeast Asian Country [COFR alliance]

12. Port Sin - Benedict

13. Motonui - Hamish 30-10-08

14. The New Carpathia Confederation of Planets II: Destiny's Call - Zelgadis 30-10-08

15. Carpathian Short Stories - Zelgadis 30-10-08

16. Tegville Metropolitan Region - TEG24601 -10-08

17. Soviet States of America - John Kirby

18. Timbuktu Region Diary by DAB_City

19. New Seattle Metropolitan Region by TEG24601

20. Hanako City by LoonyMan
^Lost, but does appear to have won Best of the Best multiple weeks whilst that was running.

Edited by CorinaMarie

Update
mrsmartman likes this

On April 27, 2016 at 6:44 PM, CorinaMarie said:

So, here's all the new linkys I could find. @Hamish feel free to c & p them to your first post if you like.

3. The New Carpathia Confederation of Planets - Zelgadis

14. The New Carpathia Confederation of Planets II: Destiny's Call - Zelgadis 30-10-08

15. Carpathian Short Stories - Zelgadis 30-10-08

The Carpathia series is no longer on ST. Now, you can find it at http://www.newcarpathia.com  :)