• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

We're close! Please help us reach our April & May goals!   04/28/2017

We're getting close with our April goal - please help us over the final bump! Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
danielcote

Show Us Your Small Towns

792 posts in this topic

I thought I'd start this topic because I saw it at SC4D but it wasn't here so enjoy!

[Mod Note - In future please do not start a new thread without posting a picture or example yourself - abcvs]

Here are just a few small towns from The United States of Westernland.

ajmgoldcanyontowncentreun7.jpg

Gold Canyon, Eastern State. 1,126 people.

ajmgrahamdowntownsg8.jpg

Graham, ES. 5,990 people.

ajmfrotdestillemainstresp8.jpg

Well, a medium sized town, but it has a old small town charm. 30,788.

ajmgrozenburgfullyl6.jpg

Small for the rest of the world, but big to Northern State. The industrial checkpoint town of Grozenburg, NS. A supply point and oil drilling town of 11,256 in the white chilly north.

ajmhydervillepanoramicuk3.jpg

The capital city of Northern State, Hyderville, NS. 18,000 people. I guess medium sized too. Sorry about image size, but it is the best one!

ajmklikvillagemo9.jpg

The native town of Klikiat Village in Northern State. 8,963 people.

ajmwebberdowntownzj4.jpg

Webber, Western State. Just over 1,000.

ajmbrpwatersearo8.jpg

Bronze Point, WS. Little over 3,000. Shipping center for ships coming in from the harsh sea.

ajmpinewoodcenterdz3.jpg

Pinewood, WS. Serves as a supply center for the fertile famrland around it. Also has a airfield and racetrack. Over 5,000.

ajmcathrinebaylookio9.jpg

Cathrine Bay, WS. has around 4,000 people.

ajmaspengroveml4.jpg

County Courthouse in Aspen Grove, WS. Around 17,000.

ajmvanceharbordu9.jpg

Vance Harbor, WS is a small fishing/tourist town of under 1,000 people.

ajmfarmingtonni7.jpg

Farmington, WS sits on a plain as well as rolling hills and is surrounded by farmland and is afarm supply center for the area. 7,000 people.

Thats just a few. I'll try to get more later. Maybe. 2.gif

[Three pictures resized - max is 800x600 - abcvs]

Wow thes are really nice screen shots. Like most of you I have spa and Jbsimion building's. I have 8 lowrises scatered accross the medium town and a jbsimion town hall with a large maple plaza a large art deco library, a medium fancey maxis theater, a riverside board walk, a port, some rail yards, 6 R$$$ condos tallest one is about 6 floors, 11 R$$ condos, 14 R$$ tetements and appartments, One central station and 3 little ones 2 train bridges and 2 car bridges and a couple of farms.

This picture is kinda old, but this is a small town (supposedly) from back in 1861 i built for my CJ

Size is ~3k poo sims.  As usuall click for the full sized mosaic.

jeffersoncity82808lquq2.jpg

Here's the central area (surrounded by farmland) of a more rural small town of about 3000, that's in the same region as a 250K+ city, but not directly bordering it:

post-148412-12985098127985_thumb.jpg

Looks really nice. I like how you've made main streets. The only thing I'd work on is I wouldn't put the powerplant right in town because it autematicly lowers land value. And I'd put atleast 1 or two small parks in to rais land value.

Originally posted by: danielcote Thanks for the photo. where did you get the farm mods from?

quote>

not sure if you were reffering to my pic or not. my farms are just standard maxis/cam release farms. those are all unwatered farms due to the fact i was going for a mid 19th century time field.

Wow, some pretty nice small towns there. Here's mine, Bosworth, VT (Population ~5,000). It's the second largest town in the region. The town would sit on Pkwami River, which can't be seen in the pictures, so I just mention it.

bos21gi3.jpg

bos22of5.jpg

bos23pm5.jpg

bos24wa1.jpg

SylvioJ, Priyon and aspireman like this

flyinbird93: Oh are they here on ST?!

Very nice small town, I especially like the neighberhoods where there are so many trees.

Where did you get you're grass and flora/tree mods? 2.gif

Thank you

@ danielcote: I'm using Olympic Terrain Mod by cycledogg. I think the trees are the God Mode trees from that mod (during the installation you can choose between different tree controlers). In-game the terrain looks greener though, I've changed the colors of my pictures a little bit. Additionaly I'm using Street Tree Mod by SFBT which adds the trees of your choice (in this cas cycledogg's) to the streets.

cool pics! i am actually starting a new cj right now focusing on (at least in the begining) a small town, american style. i will post pics as soon as i get back home!

I love this! I think I only counted 5 or even less MAXIS ready buildings. Spectacular details. Love the mix of buiding styles.....HOWEVER.. LOL

I am not too fond of some of the residential situated on large blocks of brick as foundations.. I know it is hard sometimes to avoid, but there has got to be a better alternative..

I am interested for sure in your CJ...

Look forward towith what else you come up with.

21.gif Yeah These are great and i'm looking forward to more! yunxiang  I love the trees in between the houses, the modern town homes work like a charm and the Hotel just adds to the beauty of the picture.  ... Bravo, LoL 44.gif