• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Haljackey

Show Us Your Videos!

65 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I can't believe someone has not created a thread like this before!

Anyways, this is a "Show Us Your..." Thread with a twist, videos, not pictures!

The rules are simple:
1.  The video MUST be from SC4.  No other videos allowed!
2.  The video must be embedded and/or linked in your post.
3.  Actual videos are perferred, but picture gallerys, etc are allowed.
4.  If you have sound, make sure its approperate and fits with the site rules.

Okay, this sounds cool, but how do I make a video?

Making a video is fairly straightforward.  You need to download a video capturing program like Fraps or Hypercam.  Once SC4 is running, follow the directions from your software to take a video.  Then, edit it in a program like Windows Movie Maker where you can set the quality as well as add captions and music.
-Once you make your video, you can upload it to a hosting site, like Filefront or Youtube.  Once uploaded, you can then take the embed/link and post it here.  Use the anchor icon in your reply box to post a video.

Here is an example I made.  See how I embedded the video, provided a link to the video AND another link for a high quality download?  This would be ideal if you could provide this when posting your video.

Anyways, on to the video...

A Youtube video box should appear below.  If you can't see it or are having problems, follow the link below it.  Make sure you turn up your speakers!

A High-quality video should be found below.

Download High-Quality Video HERE!

I hope you enjoy it!

Best,
-Haljackey

Yoshiisland: Cool videos!

-Where did you get that white elevated pedestrian bridge/mall thing?

Smarty218: Awesome! I like your piers!

Wow...this thread makes me want to try this for myself.  Maybe I will...2.gif

Originally posted by: haljackey Yoshiisland: Cool videos!

-Where did you get that white elevated pedestrian bridge/mall thing?quote>

They're his own [bike Path Bridge Set], found on the STEX

I'm not good at making the movies but I'm good at editing movies...

Are you allowed to put "slideshow movies" where there is no moving stuff it is just a couple pictures put together??

This is a great idea 9.gif

These movies are old but I still like the first one

edit: Turns out I don't know how to embed click here and here while I figure out how

I really like this idea - all great videos but I particularly liked your ones CraigKingOfIreland, British normandy looks stunning!

P.S. good choice of music haljackey

jj88: Thanks a lot, however I've gone on to bigger and better things then Normandy

Explodingsims: Can't go wrong with Windows Movie Maker (mainly because it's the only decent free one I've found)

masochist: Thanks for the link!

un1: As I stated in the rules, slideshows are allowed, as long as its from SC4!

jj88: Thanks, glad you like the music!

Explodingsims: I use Windows Movie Maker, however I am looking for another free video editor...

Ooops... I'll put a video soon... When I learn how to post a video...

Explodingsims:  I use Fraps to Capture videos.  You cannot edit them with Fraps.

Okay, another one from me!

A Youtube Video Box should appear below.  If not, please follow the link below the box.  Thanks!

Don't worry, the video is not as long as it says it is.  I had some problems making the video.  33.gif

I hope you enjoy it!

Best,
-Haljackey

What version of Fraps is free??

Never mind...

Originally posted by: un1 What version of Fraps is free??

Never mind...quote>

Okay....

Anyways, I have made a new video!  I posted it in part of my CJ's 50h update special, but, since that's over, there's no shame posting it here for those who do not visit the Greater Terran Region.  Shame on you!  (just kidding 48.gif)

Anyways, on to the video:

I am driving around in a city in my region until I blow up.  Enjoy the awesome road networks, skylines, city planning and smooth traffic flow.  The Music is great too!

A Youtube Video Box should appear below.  If not, please follow the link below the box.  Thanks!

(high quality version found by clicking the link and selecting "watch in high quality" below the video.)

Best,

-Haljackey

Nice video haljackey!! I can't wait to see more video's by some other people... HINT!!!

Meh... May as well post a new one of mine here:

For high quality, follw the link and select "watch in high quality".

I hope you enjoy it!

Best,

-Haljackey

I was bored, so i made this movie.

I ussed scba's nuclear weapons to make this.

If you see some of your content in this video tell me so i put it on the credits.

Very interesting idea! Good video! Would go better in videos thread... Also, you can put a video into a post, in case you didn't know.