• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
ididntdidit

Show Us your: HIGHWAYS!!!

716 posts in this topic

@Haljackey  Question if I may, I am currently working on a region that uses the Maxis highways but already have thoughts about using the RHW in the next region and will also continue using the BTM in the new region, so my question has to do with what happened when you dragged the BTM over the RHW.   I see that the BTM slope mod pulled down the portion of highway one tile away from it and with it pulled down the overpass that it ran under and along with that the slope leading up to into and on ramp needed to be reworked. Had you deleted the one stretch that is only one tile away from the BTM would the rest of the highway stayed in place? or would it have had to be reworked to fit under the BTM and could not be sloped in the two tiles from the overpass to the BTM?

I don't see any Cities Skylines highways :(

@Haljackey I have seen you use CS highways before in your "Build a skyline from scratch" series, are you still playing it to this day?

3 hours ago, Mewds45 said:

@Haljackey I have seen you use CS highways before in your "Build a skyline from scratch" series, are you still playing it to this day?

Is not precisely the equivalent thread, but is closer:

Yarahi likes this

3 hours ago, Mewds45 said:

Maybe because this is the SC4 part of the forums?

CS has it's own forum-board here

matias93 likes this

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:06 PM, philforhockey51 said:

Had you deleted the one stretch that is only one tile away from the BTM would the rest of the highway stayed in place? or would it have had to be reworked to fit under the BTM and could not be sloped in the two tiles from the overpass to the BTM?

This should only be a problem when the tiles are adjoining. But it depends on the slope mod in use and the height difference. I usually manually flatten the area around such crossings using stubs before building.

raynev1 likes this

1 hour ago, Haljackey said:

Check out this trunk route

That's quite the sweet drive!

I couldn't help but laugh out loud when the cars went flying off the bridge at the beginning though!  *:rofl:

raynev1 likes this

On 06/02/2017 at 4:14 PM, Edvarz said:

A couple of pictures from 2014, the intersection between Viaducto Central and Avenida Vallejo in the city of Aurora (I like naming stuff *:D); this was one of my first urban highways, just after I got the hang of RHW.

I Think I was the only one doing that stuff *:lol: *:lol: I name all the Highways, main Avenues and subway stations, sometimes even side streets and intersections get names!

Edvarz and matias93 like this

2 minutes ago, f3cs said:

I Think I was the only one doing that stuff *:lol: *:lol: I name all the Highways, main Avenues and subway stations, sometimes even side streets and intersections get names!

Naming things is half of the game!! I'm a little stalled on that because I had virtually abandoned the parallel project to write the history of the fictional country my city is the capital, so I'm lacking most of the people's names: generals, presidents, businessmen, doctors, etc. As such, most of what I've named are streets with countries and cities' names, some anodyne numbering for highways and the toponyms for the city tiles and municipalities.

Edvarz and f3cs like this

4 hours ago, matias93 said:

As such, most of what I've named are streets with countries and cities' names, some anodyne numbering for highways and the toponyms for the city tiles and municipalities.

I sometimes want to name cities and places using nahuatl Toponyms, but I end up either re-using names of RL places, or just using generic names in Spanish... For example, in the image I posted, Viaducto Central is named that way because it leads directly to the CBD and the Historical Centre, and Vallejo is a name that frequently pops up in industrial areas around here.

matias93 likes this

Highway network in a region I have been working on for some time. Once piecemeal, the thing is coming together. Main highways labelled

All highways are RHW, with the exception of the old GTR highways (west of the water) and part of the Basin Highway (formally a GTR route)

rFuLHDb.png