Hordijk

Show us your Downtown / CBD

2,849 posts in this topic Last Reply

Posted (edited)
On 29/8/2015 at 4:32 PM, popo123456 said:

Downtown Diamond

Downtown Diamond.jpgDowntown D.jpg

Wish that interchange entrance had a more smooth ride !

kschmidt

On 7/11/2016 at 10:17 PM, korver said:

In the heart of Rome lies one of the world's most historic temples, the Pantheon.

You can check out the rest of my "Scenes From Europe" update here.

Pantheon.jpg?dl=1

Very nice use of the classical italian Bat´s and the ancient Italy set, well done !

Edited by matias93  

thumbnailed images

Posted (edited)
On 16/6/2017 at 1:12 PM, Don_Pato said:

Polois, Metzú Republic

2dd187330fac43a35c074645c5608cf3o.jpg

Polois Suburbs

Nice use of the WW2 european blocks, hasn´t yet myself made such wide deep blocks, well done !

On 16/11/2016 at 5:19 AM, 9gruntsand1hammer said:

Downtown Quigley.
Quigley-Aug. 12 721479099977_zpswixwQuigley-Aug. 12 721479100081_zpscbonQuigley-Aug. 12 721479100375_zpspxct

Some interesting CBD skyscrapers and a landmark is that sextant flat semi diagonal  building structure below the parking lot in picture three ?

Edited by matias93  

thumbnailed images

Korver, I keep comparing that to a google Earth scene trying to find in your picture an example of SimCity's limitations and I honestly can't find any... The recreation is perfect!

On 26-5-2017 at 5:20 PM, kschmidt said:

Wish that interchange entrance had a more smooth ride !

kschmidt

I see what's missing here. The Network Addon Mod.

On 12-7-2017 at 11:23 AM, Jeffrey500 said:

I see what's missing here. The Network Addon Mod.

Some leveling and a Slop mode would do the trick, RHW maybe to smooth, perhaps the road, rail mod !

Sincerely yours,

kschmidt

2 hours ago, korver said:

@Toby Ferrian Great shot - love the layout and the lighting around the perimeter of the CBD is a nice touch, too *:)

Thanks! Those lights are streetlamps from a mod I forgot the name of, it's probably Japanese.

1 hour ago, jmsepe said:

Nice, how many times did you try to get that mosaic? *:lol:

Lovely view, it looks like mini Manhattan.

It's made up of 27 overlapping images, stitched together in Paint.NET.

Very cool looking cities on here.  I like playing this game too.  Here is my current city I'm building called Appaloosa.

Uptown Sault Ste. Marie looks like a realistic city!

Constanta's central business district at night; love the orange harbour lights.

A view of the central business district of Cedar Bluffs; that's one kick-ass night scape.

Appaloosa-Apr.-4,-17871505058107.jpg

I've been working on Vancouver for over 7 years now.  Not meant to be a recreation, just a similar map and layout.  Recently wrapped up the custom built (read: plopped) central core.  Here are some photos (photos are clearer if you click on them).

Vancouver's central core.  Downtown Vancouver sits to the right along the Burrard Inlet.  The other large business district on the left is in Mount Pleasant.  Mount Pleasant is home to Vancouver General Hospital and a large research and tech district built to take advantage of the region's hospitals and universities.

Central Vancouver.jpg

A closer shot of Downtown Vancouver's waterfront.  Waterfront Station is the large train station to the right, serving commuter lines, VIA Rail lines, subways, more than half a dozen streetcar lines, and local and national bus service.  The stadium district is along the north shore of False Creek.

Downtown2.jpg

Another view of Downtown Vancouver.  To the left is the Vancouver Government District.  Home to City Hall, City Courts, Police Headquarters, Provincial Offices, banks, a provincial archive and library, and the Vancouver Performing Arts Center.

Downtown Vancouver.jpg

More Downtown Vancouver.

Downtown Vancouver2.jpg

More Mount Pleasant business district.

Mount Pleasant.jpg

Another view of Mount Pleasant with Alice Townley Park in the center.  Vancouver General and the Vancouver tech district surround the park.

Mount Pleasant3.jpg

Hope you like!  Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!