• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
nofunk

Nofunk's BAT Thread

1,915 posts in this topic

I am always inspired by the work you do here. *:D Nicely  done! *:bunny:

1 person likes this

@DavidDHetzel that`s a nice Find.

Just had a look at the Whole Area for a bit (i love exploring Cities with Google Earth/Maps/Streetview) and it has an interesting Mix of (mostly) abandoned industrial Buildings and beautiful old Houses.

@nofunk Looks great.There`s always a need for Industrial Buildings like these and i think it will fit in well within W2W Blocks.

Will you do also an abandoned Version that`s purely decorative (and maybe has a little higher Crimerate) or will you focus on a working Lot with Jobs and and a less decayed Design?

Either Way,it will surely be another Top Quality Work.

2 people like this

It's so well modelled! I'm looking forward to the texturing :)

1 person likes this

First I thought, this is a snowboard production facility. But then I thought - well to carry all the snowboards throught this quite small doors to the trucks isn't convenient. They must produce something quite small. Watches? Drugs?

Maybe I miss a loading station or I simply can't see it without textures?

26 minutes ago, Fantozzi said:

First I thought, this is a snowboard production facility. But then I thought - well to carry all the snowboards throught this quite small doors to the trucks isn't convenient. They must produce something quite small. Watches? Drugs?

I am going to assume it is the salmon-ish colored semi-arched areas that are taller than the other windows and extent to the ground that will be the loading/unloading docks.

-------

@nofunk Looking really good! My favorite detail so far is the fire escapes.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Fantozzi said:

It seems like it was a Lead and Zinc Melter aswell as a Scrapmetal Dealer.They ceased to operate in the early 50s.

More of the History of this Building can be found here

Someone mentioned something about nearby Rails.I guess they unloaded Freight Cars on the West Side of the Factory and carried the Scrap Metal with smaller Containers into the Factory.

The Building also had a larger Garage Door on the Streetside through which Trucks could drive to unload their Stuff.I`m glad to see you consider my Idea.Also,of course the Fire Escapes need to be different,everything else wouldn`t be Challenge for you :D

On a Sidenote:It`s kinda Fun to follow the dilapidated and partly disassembled Train Tracks through that Neighborhood :D

Second Sidenote:Chicago really looks like it was made with Simcity,almost every Street goes from North to South and East to West,only a bunch of Diagonals and FARs doing some Gridbusting :D

@nofunk The Details and the moddeling looks great,i`m glad to see you consider my Idea.

And of course those Fire Escapes needed to be different,otherwise it wouldn`t be a Challenge,right?

3 people like this

Will there be roof junk? even though the real one doesn't have any, it just seems odd to me being in the construction field that this type of building would not have a roof top HVAC system but as an older building it might not be structurally built for it and it would require reinforcement or a ground level system which might be cheaper and more typical on a refurbish... and this is probably all a pointless comment so... just keep up the great work I'll end up downloading it anyway.

1 person likes this

On 3/8/2017 at 5:56 PM, Hotwheeler said:

Second Sidenote:Chicago really looks like it was made with Simcity,almost every Street goes from North to South and East to West,@nofunk The Details and the moddeling looks great,i`m glad to see you consider my Idea.

@Hotwheeler, just wait till you see a map of Milwaukee ;)

2 people like this

WOW!! This is so great!!!

1 person likes this

Oh my, I love the texturing. *:thumb:

1 person likes this

Amazing! I have to say I'm not surprised because you never disappoint us with your textures. Truly beautiful work.

1 person likes this

Textured this looks amazing. I like the roof on the left side with the lost paint and bricks showing through - In my opinion it only needs to be darkened a little bit and maybe some parts where the color is more brown or ocher - basically a little warmer in tint, less blue-ish? But the pattern I like.

1 person likes this

Brilliant. :) I will have so many use for this. :)

And thank you for the Lindsay Bros. It is perfect for my 1890 Chicago tiles set. :thumb:

1 person likes this

This is everything. :wub:

1 person likes this

I don't have anything to say. Just well done, man. *:)

*heavy breathing*

On 3/15/2017 at 7:42 PM, Urban Constanta said:

perfect :D

all i can do is just quote myself :)) 

For all the industrial gods, that's glorious!

Looks very nice , now bring on the night lights . *:thumb:

It's so dirty.
I love it.

1 person likes this