A Nonny Moose

I'm so old that ...

I'm so old I remember when "Alien" came out in theaters as well as the marketing campaign showing the creepy eggs and the tagline "In space, no one can hear you scream."  Ummm, I was five years old then...who takes their innocent, sheltered, easily-traumatized five-year-old to watch "Alien"?

I'm so old (well, old enough) that half the time we watched movies on VHS and also DVD. It probably helped that my parents never upgraded to new stuff often so no Blu-ray and still rocking XP after Vista was replaced by Win7.

I'm so old that I actually remember what the first computer I ever used was.. an IBM desktop with Windows 98. I was about 6 at the time and I had a bunch of kiddie games for it. I don't recall using the internet at the time but I do remember later at night there were commercials running for the AOL discs. The last one I remember off the top was for AOL 7. (1?). It was around that same timeframe.

11 hours ago, NMUSpidey said:

I'm so old I remember comic books costing a dollar.

I'm so old I remember comic books (still keep some) rated at 195 Pesetas, roughly 1 € today after inflation.

2 hours ago, raynev1 said:

I'm so old , I remember 2 liter bottles being made of glass . 

I'm so old, I remember the milk bottles being glass and you would put the empty ones out by the mailbox with a note for the milkman as to how many bottles of milk you wanted  *:thumb:

I'm so old that I was watching "Cosmos: A Personal Voyage" by Carl Sagan on video tapes.

I'm so old, I was 1-year-old when the Challenger tragedy happened.

I'm so old I still know there was no amazon and you got this catalogues weigh 10 pounds sent to home and you had to search through thousands of pages you couldn't klick but you had to turn with your fingers and then to order you had to send a postcard where you had to fill in a material number and two weeks later your parents got a letter saying 'sorry this article we can't sell without age verification'.

I'm so old I remember using the card catalogue at a library.  The actual, physical drawers with the actual, physical cards in them.  Then you used this thing called a pencil and you scribbled some numbers down on a piece of paper that was always near the catalogue, and then you could wander the stacks looking in vain for something that probably did not want to be found in the first place.