• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
SpecialEddie

Show us your city's detail/close-ups

757 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, korver said:

Early morning in Anomeria, Greece.

Have I seen this before - I don't recognise it. Regardless it looks truly spectacular!

11 minutes ago, simmytu said:

@korver Marvellous scenery! Did you use plopable homelots to create this scene? Also this is a great and wonderful looking downtown that you've got there @Don_Pato.

City centre plaza of Deventer.

Outskirts of Deventer with the EV rail going underground.

Scenery at one of the EV rail stations.

That work looks really great- love the MMP park scene.

korver likes this

@simmytu Thanks *:) Yeah, I pretty much took the houses from the NAMS BAT packs 1/2/3 and put them onto ploppable lots w/ the base textures removed to better blend into the landscape and surrounding MMPs.

@_Michael Thanks - it's in fact a new scene. I've been working on MMPing my entire "Myrtos Beach" large tile as a side project over the last month or so, it's getting close to the completion stage now. Proper updates for it should come soon I hope (and these are gonna big updates too) *;)

12 minutes ago, korver said:

(and these are gonna big updates too) *;)

Oooooh - I'm excited now! :D 

On 4/29/2017 at 6:03 AM, Ln X said:

I drag a road through them.

weird, when I try it's always parallel to the road instead of "overhanging" the road

9 hours ago, DavidDHetzel said:

weird, when I try it's always parallel to the road instead of "overhanging" the road

You can drag roads through perpendicular to Bipin's grunge roads, but only through the overhang road texture tile. The base tile can only allow for roads to be dragged in a parallel direction.

CorinaMarie likes this

Abrams124, don't forget the intersection pieces of Bipin's grungy roads! There is a way of creating T-junctions; add in a back alleyway entrance or parking entrance on the fourth exit technically means its a very minor piece of road and the three main exits leave only a T-junction.

See below:

ohu4dV.jpg

21 hours ago, Silur said:

Finally brought machinery and workers. You can now build roads and sell timber.  *:D *:thumb:

2017-06-05_005725.jpg.54f8d59fd8cf113e97678a02dc101e62.jpg

Stuff like this is why I'm returning to SimCity 4.

Silur, matias93 and kim026 like this

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:38 AM, korver said:

Christmas time in Český Krumlov..

More from my CJ update here.

Krumlov4.jpg?dl=1

Korver, you are a maestro. Thank you for your beautiful shots.

TekindusT and korver like this